• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS with pinky white fluffy clouds in places.

Chillyish in here at 19.7 deg.

1009 mBar, 29.79 in Hg, 756.8 Torr, 73% RH.

Friday.

The smalls are in WM1.

The smalls are out of WM1 and into the TD.

Sheets in WM2.

Shirts in WM1.

Lux level set on the security lights which I hope will stop them coming on in the day.

Today's Randolph Scott epic is "Fighting men of the plains(1949)".

And rather good it was too, with Dale (Tales of Wells Fargo's Jim Hardy) Robertson as Jesse James.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of WM1 and into the TD.

Cottons in WM1 on shirts setting at 60 deg.

Shirts out of TD & awaiting the iRon.

Cottons out of WM1 and into the TD.

Cottons out of the TD and airing on the bannisters.

Sheets out of WM2 and drying on the line before meeting the TD to finish off.

'Tis all go.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment (after the excitement of "Fighting man of the plains(1948)": NZ Border Patrol (which it would appear I've seen before): this one is the moth killing one where they disinfest a ship carrying trucks & cars.

A septic chap from NY got turned back when they found he had 450kg of luggage.

The remaining shirts have been iRoned.

The sheets came in off the line & met the TD.

Now airing over the bannisters.

House (very) roughly vacced.

Vac filter beaten within an inch of its life on the garden wall to release all the filth therein, followed by washing in the washing up water from lunch, which immediately turned a nice shade of dark grey/light black.

Tea: breaded haddock, some fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Michelle Pfeiffer, mildly inneresting.

Lancaster at War: all about the Manchester's big brother.

Abandoned Engineering:

St. Peter's Seminary in that Scotland: a piece of redundant architecture that didn't work & was abandoned after 14 years of use.

The battle of San Pietro as filmed by John Huston.

Krampnitz cavalry skool.

Chacabuco saltpetre mine and later Chilean prison during the Pinochet era
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 September 2021, 19:57.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

TFIF, etc.

Just received this email sent to a charity website I help out on. Wondering if anyone can translate:

Subject: Your milieu was banned in Google

Message Body:
      Good afternoon, my identify is Mike or Victoria) and if you are reading this intelligence, it means that I and innumerable others can ignore your protection system.
      This can obtain a inadequate impact on the reputation of the instal or the position may fall below filters in comprehensive, and equable worse, scammers can squander the purlieus seeking foul purposes.
      My sites also suffered from spam and noxious bots, but I be undergoing initiate a explication and I command deal it with you line free of charge.
      I commitment not resign links, it is cured to record to me close email and I will publish you how I overcame spam on my sites.
      Forgive right modern:

<email, redacted by WTFH> or copy and past browser <website, redacted by WTFH>

I reply within a day, the message may get into the spam of your mail service.
      ...well, it made me laugh.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Busy morning so far! Kitchen bin bag taken out and dumped in somebody else's bin (they get emptied later); recycling bin trundled back in; walk briskly walked; prescription collected; and green ring closed

Coming back, I was quite annoyed to see that a general waste bin had appeared since I set out and had been left blocking the pavement, even though there was plenty of room between other bins, out of the way against the railings, just a couple of feet away. When I paused to move it out of the way, I spotted the number: it was the GP's! Maybe they're trying to thin out their patient list by forcing disabled ones into the road to get past

Anyway, with that lot out of the way, I suppose I ought to see about doing some paying work next

Comment

Started work at 5:30 this morning. 7:20, VPN went down. And I'm just informed it won't be back today. Oh well.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My day continues to be busy! Oh wait, somebody on Twitter wants to chat about the Sinclair Cambridge Programmable…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              My day continues to be busy! Oh wait, somebody on Twitter wants to chat about the Sinclair Cambridge Programmable…
              At least your priorities are right...

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just had the consultancy get in touch: there's another project

But it requires security clearance, which takes four to six weeks at the moment. So they can start that process next week, and I should still get at least a couple of weeks off before starting the new one

And I told them I don't want an extension; having an extension to cover a completely different project with a different team looks far too like employment for my liking. So I've said I want a new contract, to be set up once the SC is sorted out

It's still not ideal, but it's a five month gig at a very good rate, so…

Comment

I had to take a break from work to go and collect a book from the Royal Mail place in the Andromeda nebula, because they still have the ridiculously short opening hours instituted because of Covid. Except while there, I discovered they have, in fact, returned to normal hours as of June and I could have gone this evening. But nobody's updated the website

The posters with the opening times even tell you to look at the website. I took a photo of one of them instead; not getting caught that way again

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    there's another project

But it requires security clearance
                    Worry not, we won't grass you up Tovarich.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Lunch has been the last of the previous batch of herby chicken, tomato and lentil soup, because my soupmaking ways have doomed me to eat only soup, now and forever. Oh, and some wholemeal bread

In fact, the main reason for it was so I could fit the small wholemeal loaf I bought last night (sans what I just ate) in the freezer once sliced. It's had to be spread across several bags so a few slices at a time could be slid into the space left on top of other things, but I got it in there eventually

Comment

Working...
                      X