• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch is at the Graham's Port restaurant, Vinum. We'll follow up with a couple of port tastings before crossing back to the north side of the river to sleep it all off before dinner

Comment

Occasional showers passing through now but not to worry, for I have brought the teapot to bear

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Occasional showers passing through now but not to worry, for I have brought the teapot to bear
        And very nice too: a few cups of tea, accompanied by The Rockford Files S1E16, Counter Gambit (TV Episode 1975)

Comment

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (other crust, very thick), red corner yog, blackcurrant jam sandwich on same, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Some daft twat has cut next door's ridiculously neglected grass for the idle ***** next door.

The daft twat's compost heap is now nearly six feet tall.

Some more rotten wood extracted from my tin shed floor.

Turns out that Hancock & Brown don't do ready mixed bagged concrete which is a pain.

Tea Once the daft twat has recovered a bit: more liver and bacon with onion gravy, some poached pears sans custard (the fridge is getting fuller and fuller with milk), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Walking Britain's Roman Roads" E5 on 5 at 19:00.

Castles: Britain's fortified history on BBC4 at 20:00.

The Kennedys Tragedy and Triumph on More 4 at 21:00.

Dr Pimple Popper on Really at 22:00.

Trysorau Cymru on S4C at 23:05 wherein we visit Erddig, another large house owned by the Saes.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Quite generous samples in the Graham's port tasting... hic..

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Quite generous samples in the Graham's port tasting... hic..
              I know that feeling - the cocktail making class last year with someone who didn't drink made the rest of the evening hard work...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Walk walked, though neither as far nor as fast as usual, the knee still being a little cautious about resuming its normal duties. Green ring thus not closed yet, but topped up a fair bit. Waving my arms around or scuttling back and forth to the kitchen should be enough to see it off

I came back past the chip shop that caught fire yesterday. The windows were OK and not smoky and the inside, what little I could see with the place in darkness, didn't seem too bad; white stuff near the window was still white, further suggesting little smoke damage if any, and the counter (which runs away from the window) and things behind it seemed still in situ. The pavement outside has been dug up for a few feet and is hedged about with plastic barriers, as I gather there was concern about damage to the gas supply.

If it was something like a gas pipe that fractured and caught light, then I suppose it's possible it might not have caused a huge amount of damage to the premises if extinguished promptly, and the closure of the road for about five hours could be accounted for by the need to ensure the pipe was safe all the way to the main. It definitely hasn't been burning for that long

Comment

Whiskey whisked
                  Beef beefed
                  Chill chilled
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

dinner was spagh carbonara, and Rioja.
                    Ents is foyles war
                    difficult decision is still to be made, and the current climate isn't helping.
                    she'll have to do it soon, i think.
                    meh.

Comment

Dinner: Fish and Chips and red wine.
                      Ents: SNL, Daily Show
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X