• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The soup has turned out really well

Just for the sake of experiment, I chucked half a teaspoon of MSG in there, and I think it's helped

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Early today, through a drizzle so fine it was more like a lumpy mist, because I wanted to get it done before the Apple Event that's just started

Looks as if it's got a bit rainier now, so that's a bonus

Comment

Not sure I'll get anything out of the new Apple lineup. I'm hardly going to get a new iPhone a few months after getting one (though the macro camera would be nice), and my old iPad Pro still works. Though the iPad mini is quite tempting, I'm not sure what I'd actually use it for given how big my phone is

I'm hoping they come out with a new Mac Mini with their second generation Mac ARM chip next month; MyCo has funds set aside for just such an eventuality. I almost bought the current M1 version recently, but decided it would be worth waiting for the next one if it's coming out this year as people think

Meanwhile, the soup has been harvested and divvied up. Eight generous portions, one of which will be for lunch tomorrow

Comment

Well the tour of Grenada was fab! Now cooling off with a G&T. No tastings due to covid but we still got to see stuff, see a lot of the island and feed a monkey that sat on my shoulder.

Comment

Tea has been the reheated remains of the Big Chicken, with chips and ketchup

Comment

Telly has been the remainder of the DB Cooper thing, and then most of Storyville - Out of Thin Air: Murder in Iceland.

Goodnight all

Comment

Dinner was, among other things, raw fish.

Rainy this morning, unfortunately. But this afternoon looks better.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Greyish start, though there was a glimmer of redness coming through the cloud over the Sally Army place. Currently 14°C with 19° in prospect, no rain expected (but no sun either), barometers about the same at 1006/1014mB

Comment

Morning all
                    Misty out.

It's The Dog's (tw) 12th birthday today. I cooked her some rump steak for breakfast
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 19.4 deg.

CBS.

1011 mBar, in Hg, Torr, 73% RH.

Wednesday.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84%.

Walk walked.

Took longer than usual due to an interminable conversation with a chap who's obviously been vaccinated with a gramophone needle.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the NZ Border Patrol thing: $1000 fine & $250 costs to the skipper of a yacht who failed to contact customs.

Now Immigration have found a Tongan rugby playing overstayer hiding in a fridge.

And it's "hasta la vista, baby" for an unfortunate Spanish youth who's been smokin dope since he was 13.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

Though all they found were odd bits of leaf in his pockets and back pack.

More potching in the salting house: there are now 3 security lights.

20W LED.

Stone me they're bright.

Tea following the afternoon's labours: that soup & rice thing, the last of the sliced peaches, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Gary Oldman.

Joy of Painting. Om.

Thing about the Gleision mine disaster: as opaque now as it was 10 year ago.

Dr Pimplepopper: Some inneresting pimple popping.

Elementary S7 E13: "Their Last Bow": The end.

And with that I've watched the lot: would have watched it 2 years ago if the Sky Box hadn't died.

That Randolph Scott is featuring tomorrow, so the NZ customs thing is on hold until next week.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 September 2021, 22:17.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X