• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links are up

Comment

Back from the Lakes via the Dales having called in to eat lunch with Mrs Eek.
      Last edited by eek; 28 June 2021, 15:32.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Well here's a cracker for the electronics chaps:

https://www.jobserve.com/gb/en/searc...414D3D824283F/

Especially like this bit:

• Mechanical experience (manual and automated workshop tools and equipment such Laser cutting, 3D printing and light machining, Solidworks)
        Add bricklaying & welding & I'll give it a go.

And all for £325/day.

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Miss V2 passed her Theory test last week, now trying to book the practical before Feb 2022.
        Om.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 June 2021, 15:18.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Popped up the road for my eye test. Verdict: no significant change over the last three years, so no need for new glasses unless I decide I can't live with the minor inconvenience of pulling my glasses a few millimetres down my nose if I want to read PowerPoint slides on the big telly

And on the way back, popped into Greggs for a late lunch of a steak bake

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Well here's a cracker for the electronics chaps:

https://www.jobserve.com/gb/en/searc...414D3D824283F/

Especially like this bit:

Add bricklaying & welding & I'll give it a go.

And all for £325/day.

Om.
            To be fair when we did electronic engineering ond we spent Wednesday afternoon in the metalwork shop, I made a vise and some gate hinges among other things.

Sounds like they had an employee who was part of the furniture they either retired or got a better job.

Thanks I missed the century. Pure fluke.
            Last edited by vetran; 28 June 2021, 15:52.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Walk briskly walked in the grey, rather damp-feeling evening; green and red rings closed

Slightly shorter than usual as I remembered to log the four-minute walk up to the optician (though not the walk back), so I had that already on the books and decided to skip one of the minor detours I usually include that makes it a round two miles

Comment

Forgot to put the TdF highlights on as was distracted by tinkering with my new router and wifi extender thingy I got in a bid to get better wifi in my office.

So, I now have Trucking Hell on. I think I watched up to S4E5 so there's lots to catch up with.

Comment

Woke up at 5. After struggling to get back to sleep gave in at 5:15, and started working at 5:20. Got a nice little suite of programs for downloading analysis for CodeCharta code visualiser. Looks like it could be useful for identifying technical debt.

Went for a swim at lunchtime at our local open-air pool. It's been about 25°C, but now it's raining heavily. Tomorrow up again at 6:00 or so, in order to take a freeloader... er... friend and his wife to the Hungarian embassy in Bern so they can sign for their new daughter's passport. Typical bureaucracy of the post-communist countries I guess.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

To be fair when we did electronic engineering ond we spent Wednesday afternoon in the metalwork shop, I made a vise and some gate hinges among other things.

Sounds like they had an employee who was part of the furniture they either retired or got a better job.
                    And all that for a mere fraction of Giggly's £700/day.

Thanks I missed the century. Pure fluke.
                    So did I.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I must have watched S4E5 but I didn't remember it. I remember E6 though. Skipped to S7 and I think that's a new one.

Comment

Working...
                      X