• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the fray tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Temperature 1.9 °C
      Relative humidity 90%
      Pressure 948 hPa

Packing to go home. Mrs NAT working this afternoon, I'm off to the gym. Last night's film was the 2017 The Climb. A French comedy adventure film based on (and written by), the French/African who climbed Everest with no prior mountain climbing experience. We had French subtitle, but there's a lot of English in it. And some German.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey start, still damp after more rain overnight though there doesn't seem to be any at the moment; that's due back this afternoon following a windy morning

Currently 6°C heading for 10° by lunchtime, and the barometer has plummeted to 983/990mB

Comment

Last night Dinner was Mrs Vs chicken curry.
          ents was John Wick2 which popped up as free on Prime. Mrs V was falling asleep in front of casualty.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning all

Overcast and damp but not currently precipitating. It's 6 degrees ('feels like' 3) and the high is expected to reach 9. 100% chance of rain today but the forecast keeps changing its mind about when. Barometer down to 999 mBar.

Awful night's sleep. I was awake at some point during every hour between going to bed and getting up.

Ents yesterday was a new TV show called "The Nevers" set in a steam punk type Victorian era where some flying machine sprinkled something onto the populace and those that were "touched" ended up with a wide variety of abilities. Only watched the first two episodes (there's only three available at present) and it seems good so far.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            The Daily Mail newspaper is first published in London 1896

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Breezy.

Warmer at 17.1 deg in here.

1003 mBar, 29.62 in Hg, 54% RH.

Tuesday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the sunshine.

An excess of caution led to an excess of layers.

Lots of tree branches down and some areas look like it's snowed blossoms.

There's about 6" increase in water level in the res.

Lunch: Heinz lentil & ham soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same x 2, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Discovering Walter Matthau" on Sky Arts.

Trucking Hell S2 E2 on Paramount.

^^^ between the two progs a little light spring cleaning took place & all went well untill I took the curtains down.

I'll have some plastering to do from the looks of it.

And I'll have to get a new curtain rail & fixings, they rail itself being ok, but the fixings are fecked but not in a good way, plastic embrittlement & rot having set in.

Tea: Tesco unchunky breaded haddock, some tinned mango slices (much less meh than the previous tin), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the end of the commentary on the Striking Back thing, vaguely bearable.

Car SOS: A Hillman Imp.

A rot box++.

The motormouth is at a panel makers. Which is inneresting.

The carb is being replaced with fuel injection, and the drums on the front are replaced with discs.

The horrifying part is the crap manufacturing standards back in the 60s, a drilling that was so offcentre, quite quite shocking.

I had a Sunbeam Stiletto which was a grade one piece of tulipe.

Remarkable. They did a nice job on that.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 4 May 2021, 22:00.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I'm not sure how you guys cope with that high pressure environment. Now I'm 500m lower than I was this morning, 975mBar. There's a storm a-coming...

Severe weather warning level orange due to severe gale/storm
                valid from: Tue May 4, 2021 05:00 am
                valid to: Wed May 5, 2021 12:00 am
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Made it through the morning. I may have a lunch time nap

Comment

Instead of a nap, lunch was home made ministrone soup. Very delicious it was too.

I've just realised that the rain never made an appearance. The weather app says there's a shower ongoing but I'm seeing blue sky with fluffy cloud.

HWMBO says we're having takeaway for dinner. Probably Korean as I had a hankering for KFC yesterday.

Comment

Another busy day

Lunch was not missed though: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

If I'd remembered to make Scotch broth with the remains of the lamb, I could have had that. But I didn't so I couldn't. But it's now in the slow cooker, so I will tomorrow

Turned sunny here now

Comment

Working...
                      X