• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Have you lost lots of weight or is your kettle more cauldron sized?

It is a right faff when things like that go. Hope it's a quick fix on Monday!
    I suppose I could take the hot water out of the kettle, perhaps putting it in a more convenient receptacle such as the basin. But that sounds a bit of a hassle

Having been up and down the stairs multiple times dealing with bins and such, not to mention grovelling on the kitchen floor trying to get the pilot light lit, the watch had already credited me with a chunk of exercise time. So a shorter walk than usual has been walked, resulting in all three rings being closed

Comment

Dinner has been cottage pie with a side of Trucking Hell.

I'm all rather sleepy now but it's far too early to go to bed and that'll just mean I snooze for a while and then be wide awake at some unearthly hour.

Comment

Tea has been Sainsbury's chunky battered haddock with chips and beans

This marked the first outing for the air fryer, and I reckon it acquitted itself very well. The chips were frozen Iceland ones, which I keep in reserve for when I can't be bothered to make proper ones, as I didn't want to start experimenting until I've learned the ways of the machine. I made the mistake of trusting an idiot on the Internet who reckoned you could do the fish and chips at the same time; I should have followed my instincts and given the fish a few minutes on its own first. So the chips were slightly, but only very slightly, overdone. And I think, for this particular combination, I might have been better off starting it at 200°C rather than at 180°C then bumping the temperature up half way through cooking, which took twenty minutes in total (where "done" was measured by shoving the meat thermometer into the haddock every few minutes), but probably would have only taken fifteen at the higher temperature.

So very pleased with the results so far, and I shall have to give it a go with sausages at some point in the not too distant future

It's also a rotisserie oven and can bake stuff, though I don't know whether I'll get into that. You'd have to find a pretty small chicken to fit in it, but rotisserie poussin could be nice

Comment

An interesting tale behind the sketch in Yes Prime Minister about who reads what newspaper

http://www.dirtyfeed.org/2021/04/what-the-papers-say/

Comment

That time already?

Tonight's Last night's first Major Motion Picture was Suicide Squad (2016) which is one of those comic book things. Apparently the comic book aficionados think it's tulipe, but I thought it was OK myself

And then The Accountant (2016) again, because I was worried I might not know it by heart yet

And finally on to The Shield because it's not as if things are ever going to be nice: S3E3 Bottom Bitch (TV Episode 2004) and S3E4 Streaks and Tips (TV Episode 2004). Both of them leave one deeply dismayed, which is pretty light going for this show

Goodnight all

Comment

Wish I could find something I liked watching on TV. It all seems like tulip to me.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

^^^ That's because it's 99.9% crap, xogg.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I suppose I could take the hot water out of the kettle, perhaps putting it in a more convenient receptacle such as the basin. But that sounds a bit of a hassle
                Nothing wrong with a nice bracing cold shower, makes a man of you.

It's not even February with snow on the ground so the cold water should be positively warm by now.

Getting the shampoo to work, however, is a different matter.

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Polleny, very.

Warmer at 17.4 deg in here this morning.

1024 mBar, 30.24 in Hg, 53% RH.

Saturday judging by the burblings of the wireless.

That chap's voice on the Today prog really grates.

Good to see that EyeTester is sticking the shiv into Bozo.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

I'm saving mine up for later.

<hiatus>

Entertainment: "Discovering Anthony Quinn" on Sky Arts.

Lunch whilst watching the above: Heinz lentil soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, 2x bramble jelly sandwiches on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Oh, and a sneezing fit thrown in for good measure.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 100% (of 8), running average 84% (83.7 something).

Pollen count in here: high enough to make it miserable.

Pollen count out there: I'm not that daft. I'll stay in here where it's lower.

<hiatus>

Commentary on "Mr Brooks (2007)" duly watched/listened to.

Inneresting enough with bits I'd missed on the first viewing becoming clearer.

Tea: penultimate portion of the fiery bol with Tesco spag, some tinned fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "A history of violence (2005)" with Viggo Mortensen, Maria Bello, William Hurt (again for the 2nd time in two films), Ed Harris.

Directed by David Cronenberg without too many of his rather curious obsessions, one of which was removed in editing & probably improved the film.

It was quite enjoyable if you like that sort of thing, without being a gorefest.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 25 April 2021, 04:39.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  That time already?

Tonight's Last night's first Major Motion Picture was Suicide Squad (2016) which is one of those comic book things. Apparently the comic book aficionados think it's tulipe, but I thought it was OK myself

And then The Accountant (2016) again, because I was worried I might not know it by heart yet

And finally on to The Shield because it's not as if things are ever going to be nice: S3E3 Bottom Bitch (TV Episode 2004) and S3E4 Streaks and Tips (TV Episode 2004). Both of them leave one deeply dismayed, which is pretty light going for this show

Goodnight all
                  We watched Suicide Squad last night as well. It is a good film, definitely better than most of the dross DC comics have spawned. Although I do feel vaguely sorry for the guy playing the minor character only introduced to get his head blown off 5 minutes later by way of exposition.

The Accountant is also a very good film, although I've only seen it once. I did think they could have done more to develop his character around the autism aspect, it was a bit one dimensional.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I do believe it's clocking off time and that's it for another week!

I signed off earlier than that. Such a pity one of the finance team wanted to give me some work on a failing project they need me to rescue at 5pm on a Friday.

As I say to miss v3 "One of us i going to be disappointed"
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Morning all

Another pleasant day beckons, I see. Blue with some high level wisps this morning. Currently 14 degrees and the expected high is 16. Barometer down a touch to 1027 mBar.

I woke early but didn't check the time and, as I'd closed the curtains for a change, I couldn't tell how light it was out. I was probably too hot as I'd had to close the bedroom window due to someone having some kind of fire going last night. Radio came on at 8am with the usual annoying cast of people that don't listen to each other. I was forced out of bed to answer the phone at 9am (automated scam call on behalf of Sky broadband). Picked my mobile up from where it lives overnight and went back to bed, read a bit of news, checked emails, dozed, messaged some friends. Then dozed a while longer until the call of nature forced me from my comfy bed and I decided it was finally time to actually get up.

Laundry is in the WM. I've gone through my wardrobe and made room for selected half a dozen items to take to the charity shop. I also need to wash windows, hoover, and return some shoes via a UPS drop off point. Some of those tasks may get done this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X