• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turned out not to be turkey soup. She put too much rice in.. so more of sort of turkey risotto. The hotdogs were nice though.

For ents, I plan on, in view of recent events, an episode of "Won't someone feed Phil?"
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I've stripped the bed and left it to air so I can have nice clean sheets tonight, assuming I remember to make it again. No way this will end badly
      Anything might happen tomorrow at 06:17.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Yes, knowing what to Google for and being able to spot likely contenders in the search result snippets will get you a long way in life

And the bucks are certainly adequate
        You don't need to know all the answers, just where to find them.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I did remember to make the bed

I did so while tea was reheating/cooking, said meal being the remaining brown meat portions of the Big Chicken (along with a little white meat and the rest of the skin), dished up with chips and red sauce

Though admittedly that's two days in a row of some kind of chicken with chips and red sauce. I need to pay more attention to meal planning and use-by dates

Anyway, with that all sorted, I dithered for a while over entertainment, watching about thirty minutes each of two different films, the first of which was too slow for my mood, the second too much of a rip-off of a much better film. So I ended up just rewatching A Quiet Place (2018), which is very good and I haven't watched it in a while longer than Passengers (2016), which I watched very recently but so what; I like the special effects

And then more starting from a bad place and watching helplessly as it gets inexorably worse for all involved, even those who think they're winning: yes, it's The Shield S2E11, Inferno (TV Episode 2003) in which bad things happen to bad people, good people, people who just happen to be around… anybody really; that's the beauty of it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

CBS.

Sunny.

Chilly in here at 16.2 deg.

Dryish side of not very damp.

1012.5 mBar, 29.9 in Hg, 53% RH.

Saturday judging by the wireless, though, at the moment, it all seems to be the same.

<hiatus>

Walk walked, during which it was very cold to start, less cold when I'd warmed up a bit, then cold again on the way home.

And aside from that, I met someone I was in skool with half a century ago.

He, like Strangelove Sis, is still working part time, unlike me.

The CBS disappeared behind large white fluffy clouds.

Lunch: Heinz Tomato soup with a hint of chilli plus Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly on crust of same, plus bramble jelly on 2 x Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Hardly entertainment but: A 41 gun salute.

Now Police Interceptors S17 (so I haven't seen it before) set, as usual, in the northern caliphate.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 93% (out of 16), running average: 84% (83.77%).

Raining.

Cold.

Sunless.

Bored now.

Can't decide what to have for lunch tomorrow.

<hiatus>

Pissing down now.

I've put the heating on since it's now 16:15.

That fecking chimney is great at sucking a tremendous draught under the living room door.

Tea: spag bol (fiery), some mango segments (tinned), a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

The next book is full of terms like "reify" and "saltation" that I have to keep looking up.

Very annoying.

However it was, according to the preface, rit on a Trash80 which does date it somewhat, its copyright being 1985.

I wonder if I spotted that when I bought it way back when.

Entertainment: "The Whole Ten Yards (2004)" with Bruce Willis et al, a follow on from "The Whole Nine Yards (2000)" ditto.

It wasn't very good.

Then, in desperation: "Big trouble in little China(1986)" with Kurt Russell et al, directed John Carpenter.

It's 30 years since I've watched it.

It was ok in its way.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 April 2021, 22:13.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dry and cloudy out. Currently 7 degrees with a high of 8 later. It was previously forecast to rain all day but that's now been revised to a moderate chance from 4pm onwards.

The cook at home restaurant meal from Jeremy Chan was very good (instructional video here for anyone who wants an hour off from watching Phil's life on repeat).

HWMBO has just described what we're having for brunch - essentially left overs but avocado, eggs, sausages, tomatoes, mushrooms and a fresh baked baguette all sound good to me.

Last but not least, today's Kantar diary fact:
              Tubular steel golf club shafts approved for championship play 1924

Comment

I forgot to add the link to the video:
                https://youtu.be/7IBuCZPId-E

Can't see how to edit posts on the mobile web version

Comment

My heat alarm is beeping.

So I got the ladder out, changed the battery and it was still beeping.

I looked at the battery packaging and it's 3 years out of date, so I have had to buy new fecking batteries from Amazon.

And there is nothing decent to watch on telly.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another grey day here, peaking now at 7°C, 1004/1012mB; but at least it's dry

Comment

Today feels like a Sunday.

It's still grey and overcast out and the forecast says it's almost certain to start raining soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X