• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dry and bright out with blue sky poking through the clouds. Currently 9 degrees with a forecast high of 12. Rain expected from early evening. Barometer down to 1013 mBar.

HWMBO and I are off to Bushy Park for a picnic today with fionat. Just sorting times out and then HWMBO has sandwiches to make. I was going to make a cake but no-one wants one so I shan't bother.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    HRH Prince Charles marries Camilla Parker Bowles in a civil ceremony at Windsor's Guildhall 2005

Comment

yep army of one was a bit of a laugh blood bullets and inept military planning from America's finest.

You are going to free hostages (not in immediate danger) guarded by a sleeping redneck (you intend to kill anyway) who is armed with an assault rifle and a clear line of fire but a poor position do you:

a. try and get frightened and probably compromised hostages to walk quietly past the guard hoping the guard doesn't wake when they scream/cry and empty a clip into you.
      b. sneak up and kill the guard using your only weapon (your combat knife) then waltz out with the hostages whistling carrying an AR14 and full clips?
      c. leave them, kill all the bad guys then come back for the hostages after lunch?
      d. Kill the guard, release the hostages and shoot the bad guys as they come to recapture them?
      Last edited by vetran; 9 April 2021, 09:43.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'd go with option c. Can't rescue hostages on an empty stomach.

Comment

I'd kill 'em all, and let god sort 'em out.

It's the Septic way.

Morning.

Damp.

No current precipitation though the clouds look like the four horsemen are due sometime soon.

Grey.

Sometimes wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 16.7 deg.

1013 mBar, 29.91 in Hg, 54% RH.

And, with that, the deluge begins.

Friday apparently, since the recycling engineers have made off with the four bins of railway mags and the remainder of the tins and plastic bottles.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM on the shirts setting bumped to 60 deg.

It's still raining.

Shirts out of the TD.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg (extra hot with the smoked paprika++) on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, red corner yog, bramble jelly sandwich on the aforementioned, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shirts roughly iRoned.

Cottons out of the TD.

Engineering Disasters bumped from Forces TV.

Now: Police Interceptors.

Ah, the first one was in Basildon, this one is back in the northern caliphate which explains the curious dress of the hit & run driver who jumped a red light and knocked a motor cyclist off his bike.

The current chase involved a catch up at 160mph.

The stopee had £53k in the car under the back seat.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 100% (of 5), running average 84% (getting there slowly).

I thought I was hallucinating the swift/swallow/martin this morning, but I've just seen a little flock of them swooping up & down above the canal & river.

A short trip down to the garage for a quick potch which turned into wandering around wondering wtf was in all those bin bags that I'd moved about yesterday.

In other news: a quick scan of the BBC radio channels revealed that they were all carrying the same stuff apart from Radio Cymru which appeared to have Tudur Owen's prog going full blast.

Duw duw, as they are wont to say around here, like.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, some tinned mango slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Police Interceptors, Traffic Cops under attack, Traffic Cops.

Possibly Bermuda Triangle nutjobbery.

<hiatus>

As it turned out it was "Alex Cross (2012)" with someone who isn't The Voice of God.

It was ok in its way I suppose, one of the last dvds I bought last year in late February in the Before Times.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 April 2021, 22:14.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

e - send in the SAS. Hostages saved, no US soldiers put at risk.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              I'd kill 'em all, and let god sort 'em out.

It's the Septic way.

Hopefully not a spoiler but all the hostages were dead shortly.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There's going to be sod all on the telly for the next week or two then

Thank God for streaming!

Comment

Just as I was about to resume work, I remembered it's Bin Day, so I nipped out the back and was able to get us a decent recycling bin

Comment

One of the good things about working remotely and communicating with the other devs mainly by text chat is that they ask "Any idea how to do x?" and you can quickly Google or look it up in the docs and post the answer, and they think you just know all this stuff

After all, if they thought it could be found with a ten-second search, or had thought to have twenty browser tabs open covering all the key areas of the docs, they would have just looked it up themselves

Comment

Lunch, by the way, was chicken and barley soup with wholemeal bread

Comment

Working...
                      X