• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    ...I’m not in the mood to do anything so I’m reading a book

As long as it's billable.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Walk walked.

Remarkably sweaty considering how overcast it is.

Came back and reseeded bits of the new lawn.

Dunno if it'll do any good but the big black cat gave much assistance whilst I was so engaged.

Lovely cat but doesn't play well with others.

After which I was even hotter & dripping with sweat so the first shower and hairwashing of the day took place.

Fecking cold water isn't anywhere near as cold as I like it but there you go.

Lunch: lentil & bacon soup (Heinz), with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread also Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It was spotting with rain when I came in but doesn't seem to have turned into anything significant.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Drizzling a bit here now, but no lightning. Probably a good thing, considering the way it's dealing with my family at the moment. My parents had a massive thunderstorm earlier and now their oven doesn't work

The thing was on its last legs anyway. They bought a new one, but lockdown started just before it was due to be installed, so it's been sitting in a warehouse waiting for its moment ever since

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          It's warm and humid here. My feet are too hot, which is annoying me greatly as it's not really practical to sit at my desk with my feet in a bucket of cold water.
          Gel ice packs are great for that.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Currently contemplating next career steps, turned dirty permie last year which was a very bad idea.

Now enjoying gainful unemployment for the first time in 20 years.

Going back to old career as a contractor is definitely off the table now, so toying with the idea of going full on with the website and food writing and moving to France and setting up a BBQ cook School.

The casual xenophobia and racism of dear old cloggers is starting to wear thin, not to mention the backwards culinary scene.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Norpusses have not been happy this week.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The big black cat seems happy enough*, the little black cat from next door wasn't very happy yesterday.

*He complains endlessly anyway and I haven't noted any particular increase in such.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Time to go and edit some some articles for tomorrows new posts on the site.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Currently 28 degrees. Earlier forecast of 100% chance of rain has been downgraded to 80% from 1500.
                    Last edited by ladymuck; 13 August 2020, 13:23.

Comment

Sausages in finger rolls for lunch

Raining steadily here now. I had been thinking of going shopping later, but I may put it off until tomorrow

Only 18°C now though, which is better than the 27° we were menaced with

My brother's insurance company, after messing him around a bit earlier, have finally got in touch and authorised them to go to a hotel for seven days. They're also sending a structural engineer and a builder, and I would imagine an electrician. And BT came round first thing about the phone lines to the road and reckon there were two strikes in the immediate vicinity, and that all his electrical appliances will have been utterly destroyed

I've told him to hang on to the drives from any computers on the (extremely slim) chance I can get stuff off them. Being a normal person, he doesn't have any backups of things like photos

Comment

Working...
                      X