• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Sausages in finger rolls for lunch

Raining steadily here now. I had been thinking of going shopping later, but I may put it off until tomorrow

Only 18°C now though, which is better than the 27° we were menaced with

My brother's insurance company, after messing him around a bit earlier, have finally got in touch and authorised them to go to a hotel for seven days. They're also sending a structural engineer and a builder, and I would imagine an electrician. And BT came round first thing about the phone lines to the road and reckon there were two strikes in the immediate vicinity, and that all his electrical appliances will have been utterly destroyed

I've told him to hang on to the drives from any computers on the (extremely slim) chance I can get stuff off them. Being a normal person, he doesn't have any backups of things like photos
    Hopefully the PC was powered off at the time and something else took the brunt of the surge.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Hopefully the PC was powered off at the time and something else took the brunt of the surge.
      Yes, there's a fair chance it wasn't running - again, normal people turn their computers off at night, whereas the only time my iMac has been powered off in the last five years has been due to power cuts

And his mobile phone is still working, which might have been plugged in and charging.

Comment

I'm wondering if the tight feeling in my left knee is an indicator of rain coming. It's been fine all the while I've been in warm and sunny climates.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Currently 28 degrees. Earlier forecast of 100% chance of rain has been downgraded to 80% from 1500.
          I just heard a rumble of thunder.

We had some lovely rain this morning. Least I don't have to go out and water the garden.

Still too bloody hot.

Gym have sent me links to their on-demand videos. Unfortunately too damn hot to move.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Carrying on with the continuous light drizzle here

The weather has finally given up on its stubborn insistence that it would be 27°C by teatime, but is still holding out for 24° by 19:00. I don't see it happening

Comment

Raining quite heavily here.

I see that the thundercell over Peterborough has given up.

There's a line of thundercells over the south coast.

And Belgium seems to be quite active at the moment.

My arse has gone to sleep so I'd better move about a bit to wake it up again.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sky turned very dark and it's now raining. Not very heavy though.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Raining quite heavily here.

I see that the thundercell over Peterborough has given up.

There's a line of thundercells over the south coast.

And Belgium seems to be quite active at the moment.

After ditzing around near Peterborough it briefly tried doing stuff over Rutland, then gave up

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Read the remaining bit of "Quirkology" whilst standing up hopping from one leg to the other.

Glad that's done with, it took a bit of doing.

Dunno what to read next.

Spoiled for choice.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Went dark. Some big fat rain drops fell for a short while but otherwise a very poor effort.

Comment

Working...
                      X