• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    I think FFS sums it up nicely. End of yet another contract, possible new one, possible permie grind. No clear plan for how I'm going to get the family through the future.

Can't shake a feeling of dread and impending doom for a few weeks now. Not quite at the point of noose round my neck as I was a while back but not too far from it.

keep your chin up. Two redundancies survived with £30K extra in the account and I am earning more than ever. Its always darkest before the dawn!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      WNFS.

Always darkest before the dawn.

I rather fancied being a ship's radio officer.

But I don't think there are any these days.

blimey great minds!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        blimey great minds!
        Or fools seldom differ.

I've been redundant twice in the 90s, once in the noughies, and once more in the tens, this last being the only time I've made more than £600 out of it.

Which was nice.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          Turns out there is "Elizabeth II", though rather disappointingly it's "Elizabeth: The Golden Age (2007)" of which I've heard nothing.
          That's on my list, but I may save it for the weekend

Comment

I postponed the second part of the North Korea thing, because frankly it's a very stressful thing to watch; these guys are total amateurs going up against what's basically a country run by savage gangsters, and even though they seem to have got away with it, it's still intensely nerve-wracking.

Unfortunately, I just ended up watching Critical: Inside Intensive Care - Series 1: Episode 1, filmed in summer of 2019, followed by Critical: Coronavirus in Intensive Care, filmed earlier this year on phones and things by the staff of the ICU themselves. They're both from the Royal Gwent Hospital in Newport, and neither of them were hugely cheerful really. Interesting though

My right knee has started grumbling again; maybe the walk via the chippy earlier was a bit too brisk for it. Might try some form of exercise that's a bit easier on the legs for the next few days

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                FFS, just came back to check on the bloody pali and missed it. Too busy with bottle of gin.
                Sorry, I arrived at a point where I could drivel up to it without effort.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

morning
                  CBSwFB in sunny sarf herts
                  Tuesday

Comment

Back in from the walk, temp almost at 5C.

Blue skies though (which makes a change from last night's deluge)
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Sunny and cold.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X