• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's viewing started with Charlie Brookers Antiviral Wipe, which I hadn't yet got around to watching.

And after that, I remembered something I'd been meaning to give a try to, so it was S1E1 of Mayans M.C., Perro/Oc (TV Episode 2018). Off to a reasonable start, if Latino motorcycle gangs and brutal cartels are your thing.

Still quite warm here. According to the weather thingy, this week will be warm and thundery. About time we had a decent thunderstorm; they always seem to skirt round the city though, so we'll probably just get the warm muggy bit

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Sadly, I don't have one, and it's not feasible to have one.

I was discussing this with the parentals yesterday - they are in the process of shredding my Nan's papers. It's quite annoying that the recycling doesn't accept shredded paper because the fibres are too short. I can't believe that someone hasn't come up with something it can be used for (other than hamster bedding).

The biggest annoyance with shredding is bloomin' staples.
      Horse bedding

Comment

Good morning all!

Hope you're all well!

Daily Report
        ########

Location - Home - 1 day enforced vacation - paid

Weather - It has rained, looks bright enough with a moderate cloud cover.

Parish Notes - Feeling achy today, replaced the roofing felt on the shed roof yesterday. Demonstrated another use for butter to CM yesterday... the removal of tar from one's skin!
        Spending the day on the stock market today - annual bonus hit my account today so I'm "investing". Appointment with solicitor at 10:00 to submit forms/deeds/warranties etc for the house sale.

Have a good day all, and let's be careful out there!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Morning folks

Lovely blue sky.

Barometer has moved without the need for a tap, but I tapped it anyway just in case. We are at 1016 mBar, so a steady increase in pressure it would seem. Weather app says it's currently 17 degrees and a high of 23 is forecast. With the rain that's due to turn up sometime from 1pm, it's going to get quite sticky. Although, a 40% chance of rain also means a 60% chance of no rain...

Electrican (remember them!) turned up at 8am to fix the kitchen light that has been out of action since February. He's currently looking at a box of bits, wondering what the hell has been ordered, by whom and how to deal with them (my interpretation, I'm sure it's all under control really).

First coffee has been drunk. I may get another before he goes back up the ladder.

Comment

Morning all

Breakfast - usual

Lunch - not sure

Weather - dry. bright, sunny, 16 degrees

Change of bedding today

Very interesting drama about Salisbury Poisonings last night on the Beeb, continues tonight and tomorrow
            Married

Comment

Morning all :wave

Some light cloud out there, but generally it's a blue sky day. Quite humid out walking earlier.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Sadly, I don't have one, and it's not feasible to have one.

I was discussing this with the parentals yesterday - they are in the process of shredding my Nan's papers. It's quite annoying that the recycling doesn't accept shredded paper because the fibres are too short. I can't believe that someone hasn't come up with something it can be used for (other than hamster bedding).

The biggest annoyance with shredding is bloomin' staples.

You can't use them for bedding the ink is poisonous.

AIUI Compost is the best option followed by incineration.

Agree with you about the staples, this I find is a decent tool.

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-007.../dp/B0141NOY6M

The couple of times I used this type I was impressed.

Rexel Heavy Duty Staple Extractor 101306
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Morning all :wave

Some light cloud out there, but generally it's a blue sky day. Quite humid out walking earlier.

Nicely snuck in

Comment

morning all

Blue sky with white clouds.

Sunny.

Very Simpsonsesque.

19.7 deg in here currently.

Telex machine looking far too clean again and some incomprehensible tosh on the wireless all about Bloom's day.

Monday.

Urgh.

In addition to forgetting the eggs, I also forgot the cat food yesterday.

What is this shredding of paper?

I've got receipts going back to 1920.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Some of my train tickets were just blank bits of card - thermal printing is great for longevity (not)

Comment

Working...
                      X