• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And finally good morning.

20 degrees at present, due to reach 23 again in a while.

Blue sky, blah, blah, blah.

Knee still achy but I've had two days off; I need to get walking again but won't do such a crazy route this time.

Coffee and 2x toast and marmite for breakfast.

Comment

First bed linen load washed and hung up (bottom sheet and pillow cases).

Duvet cover now in the WM.

I really wish it were possible to turn off the beeping the WM does when it's finished. Six sets of three piercing beeps is a tad overkill. Programmed in by someone with abandonment issues I suspect.

Comment

Well, that was quite good fun in the end

Our parents couldn't join because my Dad's not well, and my Mum can't operate the technology. But, being morning our time, our cousins from New Zealand were able to join, it being evening over there.

After the forty minutes were up I was booted out automatically while somebody was still saying something. Curious as to whether we had all been booted out at the same time, I used the link to join again - and it turned out the cousins in the Antipodes were the only ones who knew that you could just rejoin and carry on. So then I ended up chatting away with them for another forty minutes or so

Back to the exercise bike now to finish the daily stint

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
          That looks far to complicated, I use the duvet laid flat, inside out duvet cover laid flat on top, grab 'top' corners and turn through and shake method
          That's the technique that the burrito method is better than

Seriously, it's well worth a try unless you need the exercise

Comment

How did your walk with one of your loving ladies go?
            Generally good, apart from her moaning about going up a steep hill to make a round trip instead of boringly going back the way we came. I miss being able to stop for a latte coffee and a flapjack in some little cafe.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Generally good, apart from her moaning about going up a steep hill to make a round trip instead of boringly going back the way we came. I miss being able to stop for a latte coffee and a flapjack in some little cafe.
              I'm fairly sure I typed loony (in honour of your endearing term for the ladies) but, when on my phone, typos are rife. At least it didn't come out as something horribly offensive.

I completely agree there's something lacking in a walk where you can't stop for refreshments.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Back to the exercise bike now to finish the daily stint
                And done

By pausing, rather than ending, the pre-Zoom-call workout on the watch I was able to count both sessions as one, so once again I got the medal for a new PB for calories burned

Though looking at the figures, I wouldn't have been that far off on the second one anyway

Exercise ring closed, and it's too hot for any more of that shenanigans today

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I have done that too for years. It's awkward on a king size duvet (which is what I have) and nearly impossible on empress size (which is what HWMBO has)

I tried the burrito method to remove the duvet from its cover this morning and can say it's more of a faff than shaking/pulling it out. I think the difference will be in putting the duvet cover on, which I will do later after the bed has aired for a while.
                  I have a king size and am short, so do need to stand on the bed and shake it

Comment

Freecell score: 100% (of 5), running average 83%.

All my domestic appliances emit irritating noises, WM2 does 3 or 4 constipated beeps, WM1 beeps for a while then gives up, the TD beeps endlessly until you tell it to shut the feck up and take stuff out.

Lunch: duck breasts, rice pud, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

At least that's the plan.

Must go & inspect stuff when the poppity ping goes ping.

Since I use a top sheet, the duvet cover thing doesn't get washed very often.

Though the electrick blanket looks like a wash might do it good.

Which it won't be getting anytime soon.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      I tried the burrito method to remove the duvet from its cover this morning and can say it's more of a faff than shaking/pulling it out. I think the difference will be in putting the duvet cover on, which I will do later after the bed has aired for a while.
                      I haven't tried the removing bit yet (obviously, I only put it on last night and I'm not a Premier Inn) but that doesn't require so much effort, so I don't know if I'll even remember to try it when the time comes.

Do let us know how the putting-on goes though. It took me a few moments to work out how to get the unrolling started, but once I'd sussed it out and got it going it was fine, and next time will be easier now I've done it successfully once rather than just watching the video

Comment

Working...
                      X