• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's major motion picture has been Point Break (1991). It's basically The Fast and the Furious with surfboards instead of cars and without umpteen sequels. It was probably, as described, a "non-stop action thriller" in its day, but TBH it feels a bit slow in parts by modern standards. Also, those California surfer dudes are apparently supposed to be cool, but judging by this they're just jocks with long hair

And now an early (for Saturday) night, due to this nonsense of having the family Zoom call at ten in the morning. I agreed to it for this week, but if they try to make it a regular thing I will be most dischuffed. Sundays oughtn't to have mornings, and certainly not ones where you're expected to communicate with other people in a reasonably coherent manner

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Bed changed

I did consider switching to the summer duvet, but the forecast is for it to cool down towards the end of the week so I didn't take the chance.

But I tried the "burrito method" of putting on the duvet cover for the first time, and it works very well

That looks far to complicated, I use the duvet laid flat, inside out duvet cover laid flat on top, grab 'top' corners and turn through and shake method

Comment

Morning all

Breakfast - Weetabix, OJ - coffee after shower

Lunch - Papa Johns

Woke up with headache, 2 x tylenol
        Married

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Top drivelling there, sir
          Why thank you Ma'am
          Married

Comment

Morning all
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

By the grace of some sky fairy or other I managed to sleep well enough last night, though I did discover it's dark at 03:15.

Sunny.

Dry.

CBS.

According to the irritating crap on the wireless, it's Sunday.

Looks like tonight's ISS pass is the last at a reasonable time of the evening until July 12th.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 31 May 2020, 09:03.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Exercise bike (briefly) done

Now for this dashed Zoom call

Comment

Brought some hand sanitiser at local shop and found it contains CBD! Great, I can protect myself from that whatever it is thing and get high too. Maybe I could put it in that E-cigarette I never use.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Brought some hand sanitiser at local shop and found it contains CBD! Great, I can protect myself from that whatever it is thing and get high too. Maybe I could put it in that E-cigarette I never use.
                    Isn't it THC or something that is the psychoactive ingredient?

How did your walk with one of your loving ladies go?

Comment

Originally posted by Anonimouse View Post
                      That looks far to complicated, I use the duvet laid flat, inside out duvet cover laid flat on top, grab 'top' corners and turn through and shake method
                      I have done that too for years. It's awkward on a king size duvet (which is what I have) and nearly impossible on empress size (which is what HWMBO has)

I tried the burrito method to remove the duvet from its cover this morning and can say it's more of a faff than shaking/pulling it out. I think the difference will be in putting the duvet cover on, which I will do later after the bed has aired for a while.
                      Last edited by ladymuck; 31 May 2020, 09:17.

Comment

Working...
                      X