• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feck, the heavens have opened as I'm approaching Hammersmith. With a bit of luck I'll get lucky as usual and it'll stop as I get to Earls Court

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Feck, the heavens have opened as I'm approaching Hammersmith. With a bit of luck I'll get lucky as usual and it'll stop as I get to Earls Court
      Talk about getting lucky, did I mention I'm in London?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Talk about getting lucky, did I mention I'm in London?

Rain had eased but then the thunder and lightening started as I walked home. The good Lord opted not to smite me today.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Rain's coming and going here; more coming than going, though
          Tea this evening was M&S battered haddock.

It was nice enough.

Followed by some ground rice, and 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

Now watching Aerial Britain on Smithsonian which has shown me a variety of Castles (English oppressor kind).

Bit about Swansea showing Ye Docks and Ye Newe Slough of Desponde.

Rockfield Studios now.

Now we're in the Brecon Beacons.

Followed Laugharne and Dylan Thomas.

Ty Coch Castle, a mediaeval folly.

Now Tintern Abbey via Aberystwyth.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 October 2019, 17:53.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Consultant has been consulted and will operate either tomorrow afternoon or Thursday morning - just waiting for confirmation of which.
            He’s also impressed with my WARchest and will invoice me accordingly.
            ftfy.

and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Rain had eased but then the thunder and lightening started as I walked home. The good Lord opted not to smite me today.
              i was, on the other hand, rained upon mightily both on my way To ye olde publicke house, but also Back again.

bugrit bugrit bugrit.

a nice bowl of lamb stew from the freezer, and some flatbread, with a nice rioja has taken the edge off, somewhat.

so all is again well in soggy sarf herts.

Comment

Fairly clear skies here now, meaning the temperature is plummeting - down to 10°C out there already, and heading down to 4° by dawn

And tomorrow's not getting any better than 12°. I need to pop into town during the day, so at least I won't overheat if I walk it

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  ftfy.

and good luck.
                  Yes, well that’s the other thing. 20 minute consultation with him today retails at £250, so I’m guessing surgery will be that x10.

Maybe I’ll get discount cause I know his wife.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Yes, well that’s the other thing. 20 minute consultation with him today retails at £250, so I’m guessing surgery will be that x10.

Maybe I’ll get discount cause I know his wife.
                    if you know her in the biblical sense, - good luck with that, too.

Comment

This evening I watched, on BBC iPlayer, episode 1 of Maps: Power, Plunder and Possession (available until 3am Sunday). Much of it already known to me, about how maps are generally political and very much of the making of the person who commissioned them.

Very slight hat tip at the end to the cluster**** that became Iraq and co when a bigoted Brit rode roughshod over the concerns of the local leaders about borders and drew a few red lines over middle East, thus consigning us to war and strife in that region for ever more...grrrr....

Comment

Working...
                      X