• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all
    In Matera, and have accidentally stumbled onto a No Time To Die location shoot.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Afternoon all
      In Matera, and have accidentally stumbled onto a No Time To Die location shoot.
      Is it hidden inside a volcano?

Just had a fish finger bap (wholemeal, red sauce), which is about as exotic as it gets for me

Comment

Jason Statham in The Shamen's video for Comin' On (from about 37 seconds in):

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Is it hidden inside a volcano?

Just had a fish finger bap (wholemeal, big girl's blouse sauce), which is about as exotic as it gets for me
          ftfy

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Just had a fish finger bap (wholemeal, red sauce), which is about as exotic as it gets for me
            Says the ape who BAKES CAKES.

In other news, some further roots of a bush have been extracted and consigned to the pile of crap for recycling.

<hiatus>

This evening's entertainment began with "The Stranger wore a Gun(1953)" with Randoph Scott.

The Stranger Wore a Gun (1953) - IMDb

I have no idea why I like Randolph Scott but I do. Old Stoneface was in some good films in his day.

Gosh.

I only caught the last 15 minutes and the chap who looked a bit like Ernie Borgnine was, in fact, Mr Borgnine.

Lee Marvin was in there somewhere but I didn't spot him, probably killed by Our Hero a bit earlier.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 September 2019, 17:55.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

And so it came to pass that the chicken Madras prepared earlier <or a goodly portion therof> was consumed with pilau rice and naan, together with some seriously hot lime pickle.

i now have the clearest sinuses in sarf herts < and possibly further afield>

Comment

Drove down to West Sussex to visit the parentals. Very quick drive down, done in 90 mins. Stopped in the BP car wash for a 'premium' wash and picked up some doughnuts for afternoon tea. My Mum also made me buy their Sunday papers - The Sun on Sunday and the The Mail on Sunday.

Lovely warm sunshine and clear blue skies all day. A little chilly if in the shade in the breeze.

Due to the local 5k and 10k fun runs going on, some roads were closed and I couldn't quite get to my parents' house. I had to park over the road a bit and wait for a gap in the runners to walk across the road to their house.

Mum, being a good lass, made bacon sandwiches (I chose brown sauce and wholemeal/seeded bread) and coffee on my arrival.

Brother and SiL popped round and we all collectively took the mickey out of my Dad who is recovering from a hip replacement operation. He is currently walking with a stick so when making the teas has to bring in each cup one at a time. Comparisons to Mrs Overall were made aplenty and my Mum's impression of her was hilarious. Even my SiL cracked a smile.

The parentals and I walked up the road to my Grandmother's flat for a visit (the walk being part of Dad's rehab). She was having a good day, looked quite well and was present in this era with hearing aids approximately working.

The drive home took a while longer, nearly two hours, which is normal. A bit busier because the Hammersmith bridge is still closed and likely to stay that way for another 3 years. Got a reasonable parking space on my road, which means I will need to keep an eye out for a better one. I am not adverse to moving my car a few yards up/across the road to gradually position it closer to my flat.

Comment

Didn’t feel like a big tea tonight, so it was tomato soup with both brown and white toast

And there’s a couple of chocolate eclairs in the fridge that Need To Be Eaten™

Comment

I forgot to mention that the Randolph Scott film was made in 3D, the first time that was a thing, back in the 1950s.

The 2nd feature was "The Last Boy Scout (1991)" with Bruce Willis and Damon Wayans.

I rather enjoyed it.

The Last Boy Scout (1991) - IMDb

This evening's 3rd feature is "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002)" with that George Clooney chap.

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002) - IMDb

It's fairly weird in a fairly weird sort of way.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      I forgot to mention that the Randolph Scott film was made in 3D, the first time that was a thing, back in the 1950s.

The 2nd feature was "The Last Boy Scout (1991)" with Bruce Willis and Damon Wayans.

I rather enjoyed it.

The Last Boy Scout (1991) - IMDb

This evening's 3rd feature is "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002)" with that George Clooney chap.

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002) - IMDb

It's fairly weird in a fairly weird sort of way.

The last boy scout a surprisingly underrated movie. I have danced the occasional jig because of it.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X