• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Afternoon all

Got upgraded to the honeymoon suite in the Masseria we are staying in tonight.

I hope Mrs-WTFH is not going to make you do rude things. Sounds incredibly tiring.....

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Now here's a word: "anfractuosity".

It was used by Hugh Trevor-Roper in some Third Programme talking heads discussion in 1962.

Apparently its root means "convoluted" so it means "convolutions" in simple terms as far as I understand it.
      “Sinuous or circuitous” according to the OED; so basically the same as convoluted

Comment

Bit more "gardening" done.

Digging up the roots of some of those fecking bushes that I massacred the other week.

Feck me, some of them go down to Oz.

I wonder if I'll dig down deep enough to find the wizard.

Not helped by those lovely horse flies.

When I came back in after an hour and a half I was bright red.

Geronimo would have been proud.

Picked what looks very much like the arse end of the blackberries.

Just enough to flavour this evening's custard.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        “Sinuous or circuitous” according to the OED; so basically the same as convoluted
        There's a Peter Sellers piss take of The Third Programme somewhere or other.

It's very funny.

<hiatus>

Tea was spag bol since that's what turned out to be in the unmarked container in the freezer.

Or rather it was bol with added chili to spice it up a bit.

It was very nice, the grated Welsh cheddar really set it off.

Followed by stewed blackberries and custard, which, due to the remarkable amount of sugar added, was extremely nice.

All concluded with 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 September 2019, 17:06.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Afternoon all

Got upgraded to the honeymoon suite in the Masseria we are staying in tonight.
          so why are you posting on here?

Get On With It !!!!

Comment

Looks like I’m going to the pub tonight. Not sure what this means for the previously scheduled watching of the new John Wick film

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Looks like I’m going to the pub tonight. Not sure what this means for the previously scheduled watching of the new John Wick film
              You'll watch it pished?, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                You'll watch it pished?, perhaps?
                Quite possibly

The Chinese has been been to early, causing the usual consternation. Not busy, though no rationale was offered for this.

The telly still hasn’t been sorted out by the son-in-law

Comment

The evening's first feature in the gathering gloom was "Time cop:The Berlin Decision (2003)" with no one from the first film, Jason Scott Lee taking the lead.

It was ok in its way, busily scrambling time lines right left centre last week, next week, tomorrow, Thursday.

Timecop: The Berlin Decision (Video 2003) - IMDb

The evening's 2nd feature is "Domino (2005)" with Keira Knightley and Mickey Rourke.

Domino (2005) - IMDb

Apparently the "true" story of Domino Harvey, daughter of Laurence Harvey, the actor, member of the Rat Pack with that Francis Sinatra chap.

Comment

The heating came on this afternoon! I thought it was a reasonably ok day (not that I went far outside to find out) despite it coming over very dark about lunch time. Evidently, the temperature was cooler than I thought.

Comment

Now watching a thing on Smithsonian about the U2.

The plane, not the battery.

At 23:00 the thing will tell us all about the Harrier jump jet.

You know, the one that Call Me Dave Fecking Stupid and Osbourne managed to scrap & sell the remains to the Septics.

Gary Powers is about to get himself shot down by the Reds.

Comment

Working...
                      X