• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Evening all

I spent a lot of the day gardening, while The Wife (tm) spent an hour or so on a Zoom call with senior people from an organisation that is one of the biggest employers in the world/
    I wish I hadn’t overheard bits of the conversation.
    The UK is reporting we have better standards of PPE than WHO say we need. This is because currently the UK doesn’t have stock of the right stuff, so is using the better stuff. When we run out, we have nothing.
    The UK hasn’t advised funeral directors on how to deal with the bodies. They get double bagged in the hospitals then the FDs are treating them normally.
    There’s going to be an increase in CV-19 in the funeral industry.

I heard other stuff that makes me worried/scared, but The Wife (tm) has given me the look of “you didn’t hear that”

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      And after that, I couldn’t decide what I felt like, and ended up falling back on a rewatch of the poor teen's Hunger Games, i.e. the first of the Divergent series, which happens to be called Divergent (2014). Silly nonsense, of course, but quite good silly nonsense as this stuff goes. There were supposed to be four of them, but the fourth has been abandoned because the star decided she didn’t want to make any more, and as the series is built entirely around her character they would have struggled a bit with it. Anyway, it’s pretty good fun if you don’t mind stuff intended primarily for an audience of teenage girls, and as The Hunger Games shows, teenage girls have quite good taste in films
      I read the book series first - the first book was good, the rest rubbish.

I struggled to watch to the end of the first film. Were there really more?

Comment

Morning all

Is it Sunday today?

Comment

It is sunny here.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            It is sunny here.
            Great day for a barbecue with your friends at the beach or the park
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
              Wasn't sure if you were still alive. Thought that Brenda was going to announce your passing on tomorrow night's speech...

You can blame it on the "Slanty-eyes" since you have form!
              Still here old boy. Though that indigestion had me wondering at times last night.

Slanty eyes? Afraid you're very much mistaken there. That's an outdated racial term I wouldn't wish to be associated with. Slitty eyes - that was my gaffe.

Comment

Just watching a program I just found on iplayer. Trigonometry. Weirdly entertaining.
                The sum of the squares of the vertical and horizontal axis is equal to the sum of the hypotenuese
                Married

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                  Still here old boy. Though that indigestion had me wondering at times last night.

Slanty eyes? Afraid you're very much mistaken there. That's an outdated racial term I wouldn't wish to be associated with. Slitty eyes - that was my gaffe.
                  Century

Ommm

Married

Comment

morning all

weather - CBS, 9 degrees, getting warmer

breakfast - 3 weetabix, OJ, coffee, toast, (that was to signify i had a banans also)

lunch - pork belly adobo, rice
                    Married

Comment

Windows 10 - 1909

I wonder which version of windows NF is running?
                      NT 3.5
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X