• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Is it too early for a BA bacon roll?

Morning all
    Never!

It can, sadly, be too late as they do stop serving them mid-morning...

Comment

Awake far too early for a Saturday, especially after a long hard-on-the-brain week at work. Even worse, it was thinking about work that stopped me getting back to sleep.

In the end, I got up about 8.15 or thereabouts and put a wash on and hoovered. I then did the bit of work that was bugging me so hopefully that's been put to bed until Monday. Washing hung up.

I am now waiting for Simon, my Ocado delivery being, to arrive (due between 10.30 and 11.30).

I have noticed the heating being activated a couple of times in the past week. Closed the kitchen window which should reduce the need for heating for a while longer. I may close the spare room (aka office) window as it's always a bit chillier in there and it's too far away from the thermostat for it to impact it. Bedroom window remains open for the forseeable.

<update>
      Simon has delivered, and all shopping put away.
      Last edited by ladymuck; 7 September 2019, 09:50.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out, though fairly mild at 15°C

Temperatures will no doubt soon be plummeting

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Is it too early for a BA bacon roll?

Morning all
          All bacon rolls are appropriate at any time

Comment

'Ow's this 'ere pustulent ear 'ere a doing of?

Now here's a word: "anfractuosity".

It was used by Hugh Trevor-Roper in some Third Programme talking heads discussion in 1962.

Apparently its root means "convoluted" so it means "convolutions" in simple terms as far as I understand it.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 September 2019, 11:59.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              'Ow's this 'ere pustulent ear 'ere a doing of?
              Considerably improved, thanks - I'm thinking I might even try stuffing the hearing aid in there tonight if it continues getting better at the current rate. The pain has ceased and the swelling seems to have almost completely gone

Comment

Good show.

The Strangelove zit is progressing, the bombardment with assorted chemicals is definitely doing something though I'm not certain quite what.

Lunch was scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons seeded toast (non pumpkin).

It was nice enough, and followed by 1.05 pints of Good Glengettie Tea.

It was preceded by half a Morrisons pork pie and a Morrisons cheese topped stick.

Stuffed now.

In other news, there's only another 200 pages of the latest tome to go, since I tend to ignore the addition 100 pages of notes.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I am attempting to over winter my chilli plant, so have brought it indoors now it's turning chilly (no pun intended!). Snipped off the damaged leaves that definitely looked like something had been munching on it and gave it a spray/wipe down with soapy water. Some mini critters were discovered and duly despatched.

It's now on the windowsill where it can stay warm and pick up what meagre sun is on offer this winter.

Comment

Sausages and soft white rolls for lunch. A winning combination

Specifically, M&S Great British Bangers; I find their texture just right for this purpose.

Comment

Afternoon all

Got upgraded to the honeymoon suite in the Masseria we are staying in tonight.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X