• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been an M&S pre-prepared thingy, which is a bit of a change for me: beef ribs in a bourbon BBQ sauce. Naturally, I added chips. Pretty nice, though I found the meat a tad dry, despite having followed the instructions exactly

Next time, I'll stick with phase I of the instructions and skip phase II so they're heating up in their original cooking juices a bit longer - there will be a next time, as I got two packs and froze one. I shall report back when this alternative approach has been tested.

Looks like I should have the twitter stuff sorted out by the cut-off point of 17:00 BST tomorrow, too. All the bits and bobs that will make up the new solution have been experimented with and shown to work, so now I just need to dither over the most elegant way to assemble them

Comment

The trees are waving their arms around a bit this evening. We can expect rain tonight and maybe into tomorrow morning, it seems

I've just nipped up to the Amazon Locker to collect some books, and also posted the errant mail once again on the way. If they come back here again, I'm just going to give up and drop them off at their intended destination myself

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
        i do envy your boundless optimism, old chap
        I'm very rarely disappointed it must be said.

This evening's entertainment consisted of last week's Bletchley Circle San Francisco, followed by "Enemy of the State" with Gene Hackman, Will Smith, Jon Voight et al.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120660/

It was rather good in its way.

I had intended to watch "Inglorious Bastards" but it turned out to be some Italian thing from 1978 rather than the remake.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076584/?ref_=nv_sr_1

So I didn't watch it.

It seems rather windy & wet out there tonight.

Hope the cat is tucked up safe & sound somewhere.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 August 2018, 22:50.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tonight saw a rewatch of Män som hatar kvinnor (2009), otherwise known as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - in Swedish with English subtitles, naturally. Good stuff.

Though I must admit I'm looking forward to getting my hearing aids, when hopefully I'll be able to watch some of the stuff I can't currently watch because it lacks subtitles and I don't want to drive the neighbours to distraction by cranking the volume right up

Goodnight all

Comment

Another grey day.

20 deg in the living room, 17.3 in the laundry room with an overnight min of 17.2.

Not currently precipitating, but it did a lot of that yesterday evening and overnight.

Grass is growing like bamboo, but since it's wet can't be cut.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              Knackered now, - three hours in a very nice studio today.
              and a few sherberts wiv the chaps after.
              fair day, really.
              I'll be fecked Friday.
              why didn't i play something easy? like flute<light, easy to carry>, or just do lead vocals<Shure SM58, even lighter, and can be thrust down your jeans to impress the ladies> ??
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all mizzling outside currently.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning folks.

Persisting it down here in the Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Tonight saw a rewatch of Män som hatar kvinnor (2009), otherwise known as The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - in Swedish with English subtitles, naturally. Good stuff.

Though I must admit I'm looking forward to getting my hearing aids, when hopefully I'll be able to watch some of the stuff I can't currently watch because it lacks subtitles and I don't want to drive the neighbours to distraction by cranking the volume right up

Goodnight all
                    Better than the later remake where they toned bits down.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Here we are, in with the hoi polloi.

The parcel from CPC seems a bit small for all the stuff that's supposed to be in it.

Oh Dear(tm).

It's A Lego Day.

Well everything is there apart from one stick on heatsink.

It would have been a good idea if I'd ordered relays with 12V coils rather than 230V coils.

Ho hum.

I suppose they'll come in handy some time or other.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 August 2018, 09:48.

Comment

Working...
                      X