• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    What you aren't allowed to get a suspender belt for one of your very strait-laced male colleagues?
    I think you are using the American term. We call them braces in the UK.

With secret santa you never know if your gift goes to a male or female. Of course, it could go to transgender in these enlightened days....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I think you are using the American term. We call them braces in the UK.

With secret santa you never know if your gift goes to a male or female. Of course, it could go to transgender in these enlightened days....
      Oh that would cause trouble...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So, having finally been discharged, we headed over to my flat so I could collect some clothes and stuff. While there, I persuaded my relatives that a bacon cob from the cob shop over the road would make an excellent lunch; and I was right

And then southwards, where I am now ensconced in one of their spare rooms

Feel pretty rubbish, mind. I had an awful night's sleep, so I started from a position of feeling rubbish.

My first venturings in the outside revealed me to be quite unsteady on my feet. However, I determined that a lot of this arose from being unused to focusing on stuff any great distance away after two weeks spent mainly looking at the wall opposite (or my iPad). So it's really a case of reacclimatising to the real world.

There is some degree of physical weakness, but I reckon I can soon get past that - it's just a natural consequence of having been split down the middle and stitched back together. No big deal

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          So, having finally been discharged, we headed over to my flat so I could collect some clothes and stuff. While there, I persuaded my relatives that a bacon cob from the cob shop over the road would make an excellent lunch; and I was right

And then southwards, where I am now ensconced in one of their spare rooms

Feel pretty rubbish, mind. I had an awful night's sleep, so I started from a position of feeling rubbish.

My first venturings in the outside revealed me to be quite unsteady on my feet. However, I determined that a lot of this arose from being unused to focusing on stuff any great distance away after two weeks spent mainly looking at the wall opposite (or my iPad). So it's really a case of reacclimatising to the real world.

There is some degree of physical weakness, but I reckon I can soon get past that - it's just a natural consequence of having been split down the middle and stitched back together. No big deal
          no update on the scotch broth?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            In remarkably good nick, considering - the fat from the breast of lamb had formed a protective layer over the top when it cooled, and the cling film over the pot combined with being in the fridge had kept any mould out. But I wasn't going to risk it after two weeks

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              It left home and started a career in recruitment.

Comment

In remarkably good nick, considering - the fat from the breast of lamb had formed a protective layer over the top when it cooled, and the cling film over the pot combined with being in the fridge had kept any mould out. But I wasn't going to risk it after two weeks
                Woos

Comment

Only just found out that I lost a lot of blood under the knife, and for quite a while afterwards

I'd been wondering why there seemed to have been a prolonged period of not-quite-unconsciousness after I was first woken, and it turns out that's because they kept me under heavy sedation for much of the afternoon and early evening while they tried to get the internal bleeding stop

Not sure why nobody bothered to mention any of this to me before
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 18 December 2017, 17:25. Reason: I swear autocorrect is getting worse by the week.

Comment

Only just found out that I lost a lot of blood under the knife, and for quite a while afterwards

I'd been wondering why there seemed to have been a prolonged period of not-quite-unconsciousness after I was first woken, and it turns out that's because they kept me under heavy sedation for much of the afternoon and early evening while they tried to get the internal bleeding stop

Not sure why nobody bothered to mention any of this to me before
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                      It left home and started a career in recruitment.
                      Nope it would be over qualified and have a conscience
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X