• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Sunny intervals at the moment in Mancunia. Staff restaurant menu looks decidedly average, nothing that appealing. Chili beef burrito maybe the best option.
    Burrito it was. Bit of sour cream and guac for good measure. Very filling, in danger of dosing off at 3pm if I don't get sorted with a coffee. I'll have to see if there's some Kazaa Nespresso pods left.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Streaming down in Slough

Bacon in wholemeal Bap for breakfast followed with an Orange.

Home made Carrot, Butternut & Tumeric soup for lunch with wholemeal Baps
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I can't believe I'm having to switch from a nice HTTP streaming API to an HTTP GET, but I suppose as Twitter seem determined to drag politics back to 1939 it's hardly surprising if they take API technology back to 2003

Anyway that all seems to be working from the Python/Django side, so now it's back to Chef to set up the clunky cron job that replaces the nice reliable service running under systemd…

Comment

Painting.

That is all.

Must have increased my blood lead by a bit while sanding the old stuff off.

Went to town to get some primer, discovered that dulux don't make the full fat voc infested primer any more, just the weak & watery primer undercoat stuff instead.

Ho very hum.

And in a fit of insanity I bought professional undercoat instead of primer undercoat & had to go back & get the right stuff.

Knackered now.

Tea shall be lentil <pffffft> soup.

I have no stewed apple prepared but I suppose it won't take long to do some.

Just watching 15 minutes of "A Hill in Korea" being Michael Caine's first credit.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049302/

If I had time I'd watch some more but duty calls, what?
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 August 2018, 17:49.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Tuning my cron schedule to stop Twitter rate-limiting the app… utter pain

I never did get around to having lunch, so I need to make sure I have my tea

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Precipitation increased.

Amazon delivery arrived. The driver didn't ring the doorbell. The driver updated to say it had been delivered. After 10 minutes of checking, he had set the parcel on top of my wellies.

Why couldn't he ring the doorbell?
              hmm, - wasn't in the job spec? - someone put 'when in doubt, look for strategic wellies' ??

Comment

Tonight's tea has been some very nice chicken tikka masala out of the freezer, with the usual accompaniments

I need to pop down and put the recycling bin out in a bit. But I'll let the food settle first

Comment

After tea and before doing the dishes I got 6 lawns mown.

And it was hard work.

Totally knackered now.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Not in the mood for telly tonight. Going to get an early night instead

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all CBS outside which is nice. I've got a wedding party to go to tonight (wedding was at the end of July) - good job that as the official photographer I finished editing the photos on Wednesday night.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X