• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    FIL back in hospital. Despite 7 years of intensive cancer treatment it appears they have forgotten his blood group so they had to test him again.
    You would have thought having stuffed him full of poison over the last 7 years which normally means anaemia they might know. He has however been waiting 3 days to get a transfusion.

He has only moved wards 4 times since Saturday when he fell over and broke his thumb.

I know we aren't allowed to complain about the NHS but sorry it seems a bit tulip! Mrs V is in a state.
    Patient Liaison services are the people to whinge to - with my mum they did actually get the problem (her being stuck in bed in a ward where literally every other patient had dementia - one who kept threatening to kill her) sorted after 4 days of the ward being unable to.

Comment

Morning all
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Right then. Twitter are turning off their streaming APIs tomorrow because they're gits, so I've got to completely rewrite the bot that saves everything off my timeline

Luckily I wrote it in such a way that it's decoupled from the rest of the application by a message queue, so there's only a single component to reimplement to use a completely different API. Still annoying though
        Got absolutely nowhere with this so far, because I instead got bogged down trying to work out why the Chef stuff I use for deployment had stopped working. Turned out some dependency I hadn't pinned had been updated to a newer major version, which has a completely different API to any older version and no backwards compatibility, because that's what Ruby people do

But it turns out it's Thursday the API switch-off occurs, so assuming I've finally sorted that lot out, I can crack on with it tomorrow
        Turns out I have sorted that lot out; the Chef recipes are all working again now, assuming that having spun up a functional application server is evidence of working
        Oooo. It thinks I want to post that again. How odd.

Today it's 20.4 in the living room, 18.6 in the laundry room, with a laundry room min of 18.

It's grey.

It's dark.

It's drizzly.

So I can't do any outside painting.

It's also Diamond Day.

So I could wander along to B&Q with all the other s

Just made the mistake of clicking on a Wail article.

It attempted to serve me with 83 ads.

The Italian Bridge collapse looks like a thing of nightmares.

I find it difficult to believe that people survived that.

Now to research viscous deformation of concrete.

In with the hoi polloi.

A grey old day & no mistake.

Happily enough, Not A Lego Day.

<taps screen>

Is this thing on?
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 August 2018, 09:44.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Patchy sun again; a bit warmer, but not unpleasantly so

Comment

Weather mixed - ranging from bright grey to apocalyptic depending on the direction. Fingers crossed there's a south westerly blowing in and not a north westerly!

Lunch was salt and pepper chicken, which was meh but better than the other limp looking offerings.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

air con in the building broke so it's a bit sweaty

so bored of the usual lunch I am going to have to go for a wander to find something interesting

Comment

Face lurgy less painful but more hideous.

I shall just have to stay indoors and drink tea for a few days.

Comment

Keep thinking it's Wednesday today. Turns out it is Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Patient Liaison services are the people to whinge to - with my mum they did actually get the problem (her being stuck in bed in a ward where literally every other patient had dementia - one who kept threatening to kill her) sorted after 4 days of the ward being unable to.
                    Thanks will try them.

Its just so blooming frustrating. The Poor chap hasn't got long and he positively hates being hospital.

I do wonder why such simple things take so long, they are constantly complaining about a bed shortage, he would happily vacate his and go home if he could.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Face lurgy less painful but more hideous.

I shall just have to stay indoors and drink long island iced tea for a few days.
                      FTFY!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X