• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just about to foxtrot oscar when I spied a not-quite-empty box in the kitchen area which contained 4 samosas. Praise be

In other news, the local paper is reporting 3 separate grass fires around Huddersfield.

Comment

The old boys club thing from school came in the post today. It seems that nobody from my time has accomplished anything worthy of mention in the last six months, not even dying.

Well, Al Murray aka the Pub Landlord gets a couple of mentions, but I think for the three years he overlapped with me he would have been in the prep school, which doesn't count.

Comment

They're busy flying about Swansea bay for the display tomorrow.

Two Typhoons and a Chinook so far this afternoon.

I was looking downwards at the Chinook.

The numpty spoke his regrets in January 2016.

It seems a long time ago now, end of Season 3.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          Spoke too soon. Looks like there's another fire up on Winter Hill, albeit smaller than yesterday's.
          And some arse has been arrested on suspicion of arson in ration to it.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Large batch of chips prepared to stage II, now cooling ready for the freezer.

But it's so hot in the kitchen with the evening sun shining straight in that I'm not sure I'll be up to cooking in there tonight

I suppose it'll cool down later. Hope so

Comment

Stone me it's warm.

Phew wot a scorcher.

It was the sun wot done it.

Tea was, unusually for a Friday , M&S haddock in breadcrumbs.

Which was very nice.

Managed not to cook the fish quite to death.

Followed by stewed raspberries and custard.

That was even nicer.

Especially since the custard didn't boil over.

Now having a nice hot cup of tea to round it all off.

While the shirts were in the tumble drier, the cottons dried on the line with the result that the towels are like sandpaper.

Comment

And there we have it; Saga's saga is ended.

Bereft.

Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  But it's so hot in the kitchen with the evening sun shining straight in that I'm not sure I'll be up to cooking in there tonight
                  The solution was to have a dinner that didn't require my presence in the kitchen for too long at a stretch. So it was Barnsley chops, cooked in the Remoska, with chips, peas, gravy, and mint sauce; and very nice it was

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    And there we have it; Saga's saga is ended.

Bereft.

Ho hum.
                    I can start watching it now I know it's all available

Comment

And another old musician friend has gone. **** it! two months from diagnosis to death - probably lucky though, really, - better than tulip like alzheimers and MND etc etc.
                      but i'm Still pissed off
                      so there
                      bollox

bugrit bugrit bugrit - millenium hand and SHRIMP

Comment

Working...
                      X