• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

feckin' 'ot in sarf 'erts.

Comment

Red room of weather in Mancunia - 50 shades of grey. Muggy too, which doesn't help. I'll be sweating like a scouser in a lineup by four.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Mornng Afternoon denizens

Not sure why I ended up sleeping in a moderately log-like manner through the morning, but I suspect it involved being unable to get to sleep properly last night because of the damn heat

And the sweltering continues. Though there's thunderstorms forecast for Friday, so that's something to look forward to, then see removed from the forecast as it gets nearer

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          I rather enjoyed that film.

And I'm about a third of the way through the (remaindered in The Works) book which starts a good deal earlier (20 years earlier) than the film.
          I'm thinking of getting hold of the book too

Comment

Fully back to Mancunian summer - drizzle has engulfed the west side.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Bacon and egg bap for lunch (i had to help my partner with her elderly mum, and this involves walking past the caff on the way back)
              Well, that's My excuse, anyway

Comment

Sweaty cheese butty brought in from home. 4/10 It was, at least, preferable to having to go anywhere to buy something in this oppressive heat.

Comment

Today's lunchtime doze in the empty office started off with a bit of dear old Wagner, but soon transmogrified into DSOTM with Comfortably Numb thrown in for good measure.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all.

<--

Counting down the days of my interminable notice period. We're now at the stage where everyone knows I'm going but too polite to say, and I'm starting to be cut out of the loop.

I wish they'd just fecking get on with it. 9 more weeks of this to go.

Comment

At least parking is now back to normal and campus is a ghost town, devoid of Esteemed Customers.

Comment

Working...
                      X