• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monday morning.

Hideous night's sleep, if sleep it can be called.

Amazingly, the train was a) on time and b) 2 carriages and c) the luxurious Class 158.

Dunno where Ole Stinky was, but we weren't on it.

And the uniform greyness of the sky & ocean extends as far as the eye can see.

Now that's what I call a blow job:

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/fire-ball-...130000512.html
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 July 2018, 08:03.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all.

419 miles

24 hours

Oww

Excuse me while I go for a bit of a lie down.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning denizens

Bit of cloud, but quite a bit more sun means it's not cooling down any time soon

Comment

It raineth with the gentle rain from heaven, upon the just and upon the unjust.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            It raineth with the gentle rain from heaven, upon the just and upon the unjust.
            Verily, it doth not here, for forty days and forty nights it doth not! bugger

Comment

Back from the GP's, with news that I don't have any wax in my right ear. There's a tiny amount in the left, but not enough to be a problem; the way the nurse put it was that the process of removing it by syringing would involve more risk of damage than the possible benefit could outweigh. So no problem going full steam ahead to the audiology clinic on Thursday morning

And I've found out what the builders out the back are up to. They are, improbably, converting part of the premises into several separate mop stores, in which mops used for different purposes may be safely segregated

I suppose it's reasonable, when you think about it, that the floor of the surgery shouldn't be cleaned with the mop that's just been used for the toilets. But new regulations require that they are stored separately, so as to minimise any risk of the wrong mop being used. It all makes work for the working man to do

Comment

Grey and warm in the mundane borough of Trafford today.

Shedloads of caravans on the road at the weekend.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I'm sure he'll do it when he feels the time is right - he used to do a lot of IT-related stuff, so he's well up on the technical side of things
                    Zentury/Millennium!
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Afternoon all. Hot day here, CBS, etc.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X