• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It's clouding over even more now, though the schedule for possible rain has been pushed back to teatime and the thunderstorms cancelled
    Sunny now, which is not the torrential downpours with risk of flooding in some areas that I was promised

Going to pop out for a haircut, prescription collecting, and possibly some shopping soon. If I don't do it today, I'll only have to do it tomorrow
    Partial success: went for a haircut, where it turned out to be the chatty woman on her own with a bit of a queue. So I had to wait a while and then got chatted to, during which she also cut my hair.

Prescription collection was OK except that the car park looked full, so I parked in a residents only space over the road, then remembered I hadn't put up the new permit at the start of the month. So I had to root around in the glove box for it, then peel off the peely bits and stick it in the windscreen.

After that, off to the dentist to see if I could get an appointment as one of my teeth has started playing up. So I'm off there first thing in the morning.

And by then it was just gone four, so I cancelled shopping and came home, where I changed the bed including flipping the mattress over.

Quite enough for one day

Comment

The heavens have opened, and they did so with a clap of thunder so loud that The Dog, she who is noise averse) made a little puddle as well.

Poor thing.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        The heavens have opened, and they did so with a clap of thunder so loud that The Dog, she who is noise averse) made a little puddle as well.

Poor thing.
        The late & greatly lamented Strangelove mog was equally terrified of thunder and fireworks.

In a way I'm rather glad she doesn't suffer that any more.

Though we never had a puddle for that particular reason.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Following BIL's final farewell earlier today, Mr ms has gone to spend time with his sisters, so have taken the opportunity to do a veggie bolognese (out a jar) for me and child#2. (Soya and/or Quorn upset Mr ms's delicate digestion)

Was actually quite nice with a bit of non-veggie friendly parmesan on top.

No sign of child#2 though!

Comment

Roast beef and horseradish sarny tonight, - yum

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Following BIL's final farewell earlier today, Mr ms has gone to spend time with his sisters, so have taken the opportunity to do a veggie bolognese (out a jar) for me and child#2. (Soya and/or Quorn upset Mr ms's delicate digestion)

Was actually quite nice with a bit of non-veggie friendly parmesan on top.

No sign of child#2 though!
              <- more about BIL than vegetarian food, though…

Comment

<- more about BIL than vegetarian food, though…
                Thank you. He was a genuinely lovely guy - completely non-judgemental and would help out anyone.

He had a skin cancer about 2 years ago, but they removed and said nothing to worry about. 6 months ago he had a seizure, and there were multiple melanoma brain tumours, as well as lung and abdomen. The treatment he had was brand new, and appeared to be working well until about a month ago.

His faith was important to him and SIL, and I think that's been a real comfort for them both, and hopefully will see her through it, along with support for her from the church community.

It feels like a relief - the last week or so we've just been waiting for news. Mr ms has gone through to spend some time with his sisters, and will go and retrieve FIL from Somerset tomorrow.

Wear sunscreen. Especially if you're ginger.

Comment

Tonight's tea was the remainder of the roast lamb from the other night, which chips, peas, and gravy

And whilst eating I endured the wretched All4 app to watch the other night's 24 Hours in Police Custody, in which we learned that if you're running a major drug sales business and the police arrest one of your low-level dealers in possession of a mobile phone you use to take orders, it's not the best idea to then go to a mobile phone shop full of CCTV and ask for the number of said phone to be transferred onto a new SIM

Comment

Tonight's tea was the remainder of the roast lamb from the other night, which chips, peas, and gravy
                    "Which"? With, surely. Autocorrect to blame, I reckon

That reminds me, I was planning to watch Total Recall (1990) again sometime
                    And so I did, for this evening's main feature

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning

it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X