• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Premier Inn breakfast same as ever

Now to head home!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Up and about awaiting delivery of the additional washing machine, due some time between 07:10 and 11:30.

I can guess at which end it'll arrive.
      Oddly it turned up about 08:30, and is now installed next to the useless Miele.

It's going around and making appropriate swishing noises, so there's hope.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Home!

Just over one hour fifty minutes door-to-door

Of particular note: from Red Lion Street to the M1 took exactly thirty minutes via Islington, Highbury, Holloway, Archway, Highgate, and whatever the bits between there and the motorway are called. The same journey can easily take an hour at times other than first thing Sunday morning

Comment

Hot off the WordPress, Diamond Geezer's detailed summary of Boring VIII: Notes from Boring 2018

(Yes, I know Blogspot isn't WordPress, but I can't think of a publishing-related pun about Blogspot. Work with me here, people.)

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Oddly it turned up about 08:30, and is now installed next to the useless Miele.

It's going around and making appropriate swishing noises, so there's hope.

Comment

Eighteen years ago today, the ILOVEYOU worm was unleashed.

Which means that eighteen years ago tomorrow, I went to Cwmbran to visit a company that provided a database of late availability holiday deals, which I was to integrate with West Midland Co-op Travel's brand new website, which I was building at the time.

One of the chaps there had a copy of the worm and put it on a floppy disk for me, so I could examine it at leisure.

How time flies…

Comment

To the Amazon Locker, to collect The World at War Blu-rays :nazi:

Also delivered: a new hardback edition of Aleister Crowley's Diary of a Drug Fiend, also containing Moonchild, Household Gods, The Book of Lies, The Book of the Law, and White Stains

I believe Crowley's works came out of copyright this year, presumably explaining why somebody thought it worthwhile to republish a compendium of some of his most significant books; to the extent that his output has any significance whatsoever

Comment

I wish I could find the pegbag.

I seem to have hidden it extremely successfully from myself.

Probably in a bucket or somesuch container during the frenetic emptying of the Strangelove parents' abode.

I calculated (it wan't difficult) that I'd spent 4 and a half weeks on said emptying whilst the emptors have spent roughly 3 hours.

Not that I'm keeping count or anything.

The Sunday Lunch was roast beef and the Sunday Afternoon Shop was completed successfully, with a shedload of fat & sugar filled goodies from Morrisons.

Well it's a Bank Holiday, innit.

In addition I've just put up another floating shelf in the "kitchen".

Comment

Today's first feature is "eight iron men" with Lee Marvin.
                    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044579/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It's currently showing on "Movies4Men".

Comment

Just found out The Rutles are playing in London on Wednesday - the very night I'm there ahead of the AWS Summit on Thursday!

So that's my idea of a quiet night in the hotel out of the window

Looks like getting back from the venue in Highbury to the hotel in Docklands can be a bit complicated late on, but as the band are even older than me, they tend not to go on too late nowadays

Comment

Working...
                      X