• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's repast was a steak and onion baguette with chips, eaten in the bar of the hotel

Early start tomorrow: we leave the hotel about 7:15 to head for the tunnel. So I'm quickly getting Monday's links together now, as I'll probably have to post them from my phone in a war cemetery tomorrow lunchtime and won't have time to get them together on the journey

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I'm a couple of miles north of Ashford, apparently. We crossed over the Medway on the way
      You could pop into the Dickens centre in Rochester High Street on your way back if you have time. I remember being impressed by the apparition of Marley's ghost, although I suspect that special effects have improved since 1982.

Rochester is nice though - cathedral, castle, lots of good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        You could pop into the Dickens centre in Rochester High Street on your way back if you have time. I remember being impressed by the apparition of Marley's ghost, although I suspect that special effects have improved since 1982.

Rochester is nice though - cathedral, castle, lots of good stuff.
        Sadly there won't be time - after visiting the grave at Cuinchy we've got to head back under the Channel, drop my sister and her husband off at their home north of London, get back to my cousin's home near J20 of the M1 where my car is waiting patiently, and then I've got to drive home from there ready for heading to ClientCo first thing on Tuesday. So tomorrow is going to be pretty hectic

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

At the Eurotunnel terminal, having a bacon and sausage bap

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Morning denizens

At the Eurotunnel terminal, having a bacon and sausage bap
              None of that forrin muck I see.

Comment

Monday.

Murky in Bradford. This is good, because it means we don't have to look at it. But it's also bad as it was lovely bright sunshine all the way to the top of the M606 and I know what i'm missing out on.

Comment

Fog in the Channel. In the old days, Europe would have been cut off

We’re queuing to drive on to the train now…

Comment

test please delete

Flight on time for once and a nice morning in Dublin
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

We’re on the train and it’s moving

Comment

Working...
                      X