• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Sunny out again

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Bacon cob for lunch

The hardware shop over the road is open, presumably doing a slow but steady trade from those who've started a DIY project on their Bank Holiday Monday, then found out halfway through that they've got the wrong size screws

Comment

The ongoing and seemingly neverending Strangelove clearout and cleanup continues apace.

The Salting House wherein the laundry equipment (recently augmented) resides has been attacked and a number of black bags are ready for their trip to the dump.

Due to being pissed off at the oik on Saturday, everything now goes in black bin bags & will be deposited in household waste.

Recycle that, motherfeckers.

Also the glass jars that once contained assorted paint dregs will go in the bottle bank.
          Managed to cover myself with photoresist after puncturing a couple of aerosols.

Fortunately it appears to be much the same shade of green as the shirt I've got on.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Out with the stepladder, and the kitchen lightbulb has been replaced.

And as the stepladder normally lives in the bathroom serving as a towel rack, this meant I had to remove the used towels that had accumulated on its lower steps, so they're now in the wash.

It's all action here

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Duly purchased, along with another foot or so of other dvds, some of which I've probly got already.

Ain't that always the way.
              It certainly is.

Turns out I've already got it, halfway down the 4 foot pile.

Never mind, the fresh one is easier to access with less risk of being crushed to death by a tower of dvds.

I'm still not feeling altogether together.

And the unseasonably seasonal heat gets to me if I venture out into the sun.

I think today's trip to the dump will have to wait until later in the afternoon.

Mad dogs & Englishment go out in the mid day sun.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

32.0C in the shade in the garden, 28% humidity.

On the old school liquid-in-glass thermometer, which is in a very cool corner, the temp is only 29C
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  And the unseasonably seasonal heat gets to me if I venture out into the sun.

I think today's trip to the dump will have to wait until later in the afternoon.

Mad dogs & Englishment go out in the mid day sun.
                  I'm staying in as much as possible. Not keen on hot weather, and this side of the building is now in shade so should become a little more tolerable

Comment

In a frenzied outburst of activity, I've made a batch of chips up to Stage II, which are now cooling before freezing.

And the towel wash has finished, so they've been draped over the clotheshorse where they will hopefully dry quickly in this heat

I could put them out on the line, but that runs very close to the living room window of the ground floor back, and I don't want block their sunlight given what a rarity it can be down there

Comment

Boring in the German Press: https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...-text=&act=url

Comment

Working...
                      X