• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Held off on burning garden waste until tonight. All nice and dry. Neighbour is round for a few drinks asks if I will burn some of her garden waste. Sure, if it’s dry.
    She comes round with GREEN leaves, GREEN branches, etc, then is surprised when my flaming incinerator starts smoking out her house
    Aaaah, the Good life

Comment

After a day of digging up the space earmarked for the patio fixing drainage to the soak away with proper connectors instead of to the sewer with plastic bags as the "professionals" did on the extension.

Roast beef, baked tatties & Mrs V Yorkshires plus assorted greens.

Yum
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        By rights, this should have been a twelve week gig and I would have been finished last week. But the agency somehow managed to make it thirteen weeks, I thought "Whatever", and now all this other stuff is happening in the extra week
        That happened to me with a "month" extension that turned out to be 5 weeks.

And all because I opened my mouth & made a comment at a meeting.

Ho hum.

The hectic lifestyle continued when I found the flash for the camera (that's the flash for the 35mm film type camera) so I could take some more pictures of the exStrangelove parents' house and the remarkable mess it has become.

I suspect the photos taken with available light last week won't be up to much.

Once they've been developed, we'll see.

Or not.

As the case may be.

Tonight's tedium was increased by "Hawaii 50" and "NCIS LA".

Mundane barely covers it.

The final ep of "Homeland", by contrast, was rather more engaging that usual since the story hadn't been concluded in the penultimate ep as usually happens.

Looking (unusually) on the bright side, Saga's back this Friday.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

On with the hectic in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start

Comment

Morning all

Back in That London for a meeting with Client Co. 3's client.

Weekend shenanigans included riding 300km on Saturday at just shy of my target pace for July. It was a hilly route though and on the heavier titanium bike so a flat course and a lightweight more aero machine should see me right. Got caught out by the weather and ended up a bit crispy around the edges.

Sunday was spent touring DIY stores and Garden centres for a new BBQ, eventually plumping for a Landmann Kentucky Smoker. Conventional BBQ in the evening to christen it followed by smoking a lump of pork shoulder yesterday. First attempt at smoking as a cooking method but reasonably happy with the results. Need to get the hang of managing the fire though as I ended up overdoing it with the charcoal and stopping it drawing properly which meant the temp dropped a bit too much. Still tasty though.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  On with the hectic in the morning

Goodnight all

Oh.

Of course.

Tuesday is your Monday.

Wonderfully overcast here, so the lab and my office are a rather pleasant 23 deg. C at the moment.

It must have been like an oven in here yesterday.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 May 2018, 09:26.

Comment

Morning all another glorious walk earlier, now waiting to see what the heat of the day has to offer.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The Haar has descended, but don't Fret.

'Tis worse than a bit of fog, it's raining.

So the weather is unborked again.

Ho hum.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 May 2018, 11:56.

Comment

Working...
                      X