• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slow cooked Moo-Baa tail & stewing stake.

Totally awesome. With Mash!!!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Finally home!

We were accompanied by rain that travelled with us from Calais - seriously, I followed it on the weather radar as it followed us the whole way

And to add insult to injury, I recovered my car from my cousin's house and came up the last stretch of motorway only to find the junction was closed for some kind of maintenance work, meaning I had to go on to the next one and double back

If I'd turned left instead of right out of my cousin's place, I could have got home without touching the motorway, but I figured it'd be quicker

Anyway, back to ClientCo in the morning, so I really need to get some sleep.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey, wet, and dismal out there this morning

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          In a little local restaurant in a village somewhere. No idea what lunch will turn out to be when it arrives
          Said village was, remarkably, called Lorgies, and lunch was excellent: cubes of beef on a couple of skewers, cooked medium rare, in some kind of mustard-based marinade. I'm not big on mustard as a rule but this was done with a delicate touch and tasted fantastic. Oh, and excellent chips

A bargain, too: €130 for five, including drinks and tip

Comment

Said village was, remarkably, called Lorgies, and lunch was excellent: cubes of beef on a couple of skewers, cooked medium rare, in some kind of mustard-based marinade. I'm not big on mustard as a rule but this was done with a delicate touch and tasted fantastic. Oh, and excellent chips

A bargain, too: €130 for five, including drinks and tip
            It's Au P'tit Lorginois, and highly recommended should you find yourself in the area

Comment

Morning all normal Irish weather has resumed today.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And to add insult to injury, I recovered my car from my cousin's house and came up the last stretch of motorway only to find the junction was closed for some kind of maintenance work, meaning I had to go on to the next one and double back
                Once upon a time I was heading home from Bradford to Huddersfield on the M62. Instead of coming off at J25 for Brighouse, I thought 24 at Ainley Top would be quicker. Unfortunately, it was closed. For those who don't know the area, the next junction (23) has no westbound exit so you have to go to J22 in order to turn around. J22 is right on the top of the pennines 10 miles away, so that was a 20 mile detour. The sting in the tail being that I was in an Uber.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Once upon a time I was heading home from Bradford to Huddersfield on the M62. Instead of coming off at J25 for Brighouse, I thought 24 at Ainley Top would be quicker. Unfortunately, it was closed. For those who don't know the area, the next junction (23) has no westbound exit so you have to go to J22 in order to turn around. J22 is right on the top of the pennines 10 miles away, so that was a 20 mile detour. The sting in the tail being that I was in an Uber.
                  You stole an Uber car?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    You stole an Uber car?
                    No, he was driving it, the passenger was really pissed off.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      You stole an Uber car?
                      They have ubers in Bradford???

Comment

Working...
                      X