• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Sunny out, but a bit chilly - the last of the frost on the old stable roof has only just melted

Apparently it might rise from the current 4°C to 7°C by sunset, then continue to warm up overnight, up to 9°C by morning

Comment

Had a pleasant walk up to Tonna along the canal towpath.

Lots of aerial activity this morning with very noisy stuff heading up the valley to Epynt.

<cough>

Lunch was Heinz beans on toast.

Once I've done the dishes it's time to do some shifting of crap down the garden with associated filling in of potholes on the back lane.

Also the car needs its battery charging to make sure it starts tomorrow morning when I take it for the MOT.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Last of the chicken and pearl barley soup out of the freezer for lunch

There's a reserve carcase in the freezer, so I'll be making some more soon

Comment

Off to the Royal to see an audiologist about NHS hearing aids

They'll only be spares, of course, but they won't know that

Comment

At the Hearing Services department.

Comment

And home again

The NHS hearing aids are, as one might expect, not as good as the expensive private ones: more prone to feedback, worse at handling background noise, and of course bulky and obvious. But they'll do in a pinch, I suppose

Comment

Pothole filled in.

Car battery charged & car driven up & down back lane.

Seicento started and driven a bit, though the flat tyre refuses to inflate no matter how long the pump runs.

Bonfire lit, much crap burned.

Though it's gone out now & there's a lot left.

Ready for the next bonfire.

Tea/dinner/breakfast/brunch/lunch was some more of yesterday's roast beef.

It wasn't as nice as usual because the gravy was pretty meh, all in all.

They're waffling on about the B word on the wireless at the moment.

It's beginning to make me reach for my revolver.

<cough>

<cough>

<splutter>

<wheeze>

Knackered now.

And I found some stuff I forgot to put in the bonfire.

Ho hum.

It'll go in the next one instead.

This evening's first feature was "A Most Wanted Man".

A Most Wanted Man (2014) - IMDb

It was good.

Followed by "The Settlement", a black comedy.

The Settlement (1999) - IMDb

It was alright.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 December 2018, 22:15.

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

It's looking increasingly as if some anomalous electrical event last Thursday night, possibly a precursor to Friday's power cut, has knackered both a 3TB and 4TB USB drive

Nothing that can't easily be replaced on either of them, I don't think, but it's annoying. Currently backing up whatever remains of my iTunes Library, very slowly as the 3TB one struggles to read stuff. I wanted to use the new 8TB drive for something else, but at least it wasn't plugged in at the time so I had it ready to go

Comment

Bummer.

Sometimes there's gigantic spikes when the substation fuse goes.

Comment

Working...
                      X