• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by covbob View Post
    I watched the first one of the Apprentice last night on iPlayer. What a bunch of plonkers. How can they go on about being taken seriously in business with a straight face?

They're about as clueless as most agents, and that's saying something.
    How many are agents this time?

They always have at least one recruitment or estate agency.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      How many are agents this time?

They always have at least one recruitment or estate agency.
      best one was my new job I had a really nice agent, nothing was too much trouble she helped a lot.

2 weeks after I started she rocked up as a new hire.

Agents are nice out of their natural habitat.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Back at the hotel, having treated myself to a ride on the Piccadilly line

Suppose I ought to get to sleep, given that I'm supposed to be here for this conference and it starts at - unbelievably - 9am

That's actual talks-start-time; registration is from 8am. It's in the centre of London, FFS, nobody will get there on time if it starts that early

As I'm in Holborn and it's at the Royal Society of Arts, just beyond the other side of Strand, this is the one time I could really use the Aldwych branch; but they closed it down years ago

Comment

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Back at the hotel, having treated myself to a ride on the Piccadilly line

Suppose I ought to get to sleep, given that I'm supposed to be here for this conference and it starts at - unbelievably - 9am

That's actual talks-start-time; registration is from 8am. It's in the centre of London, FFS, nobody will get there on time if it starts that early
            Yes they can.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

On the early train

Comment

Since it's early, and therefore quiet, there are 6 carriages rather than 3

Comment

But I have got a carluccios pastry and a coffee since the trolley guy didn't appear to have facebook work to be doing today.

Comment

It's just dawned on me.

Looks like being a nice day, and so it should be, what with it being Friday and all.

Comment

Morning denizens

Premier Inn breakfast has been guzzled

It was nice and empty down there at half seven; now I’ve finished, the slugabeds may be allowed in

Suppose I’d better head off to the RSA soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X