• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    I actually ought to update the story. As when we got to Leeds, the front 3 carriages headed off to Scarborough. There was no news on the fate of the rear 3, but it’s safe to assume a destination other than Scarborough was intended. Sometime next year they will be getting brand new trains for the express services. I understand these will have 5 carriages, including a larger 1st class section. This means the class 185’s will be freed up to a) spend more time running in double formation and b) be given the job of replacing those hateful class 142 pacers on the Leeds-Manchester route*. And not a decade too soon.

*via Hudds, but not via Halifax which will retain its British Leyland shame for some time to come.
    And this is why I've never taken a gig in Manchester. It's only 70 miles from home but it's a minimum 2 hour journey and a right PITA to boot. I can be in central London quicker and more reliably. Anything west of the Pennines is essentially impossible.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Think your link is broken....

I think I need to put some money in the meter....

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        I actually ought to update the story. As when we got to Leeds, the front 3 carriages headed off to Scarborough. There was no news on the fate of the rear 3, but it’s safe to assume a destination other than Scarborough was intended. Sometime next year they will be getting brand new trains for the express services. I understand these will have 5 carriages, including a larger 1st class section. This means the class 185’s will be freed up to a) spend more time running in double formation and b) be given the job of replacing those hateful class 142 pacers on the Leeds-Manchester route*. And not a decade too soon.

*via Hudds, but not via Halifax which will retain its British Leyland shame for some time to come.
        You a trainspotter or something?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          And this is why I've never taken a gig in Manchester. It's only 70 miles from home but it's a minimum 2 hour journey and a right PITA to boot. I can be in central London quicker and more reliably. Anything west of the Pennines is essentially impossible.
          I think SimonMac used another phrase to describe it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
            You a trainspotter or something?
            Don't try trainspotting on SW trains. You will be waiting a long while.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              That's the place, which today is the venue for a Mozilla conference

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                Do keep up

I am getting old you know.

Once Zeity goes I will probably be one of the oldest round here.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  That's the place, which today is the venue for a Mozilla conference
                  Buffalo?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Buffalo?
                    Firefox
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Firefox

pali

Comment

Working...