• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    There should be some facility to double-like, as your reviews posted after my original like have saved me from the future risk of thinking "Oh, I vaguely remember watching that donkey's years ago, let's give it a go" twice
    It must be observed that the intervening half century hasn't been particularly kind to me or the film, probably more unkind to the film as it happens.

Feck me, it's looooong.

Or maybe I wasn't a) 15 or b) drunk enough.

It's not really a Clint Eastwood film as such, despite his top billing, it's an ensemble affair.

And Jack Bauer's dad is really off the wall, much as he was in "MASH".

It appears that it's supposed to be some commentary on the Vietnam debacle.

<hiatus>

Saturday morning shop done.

Another foot of dvds obtained, including "Morningjay Part II" to complete the collection, none of which I've watched.

Turkey legs for lunch tomorrow.

One gets a remarkable amount of meat for not very much money.

Weather, following yesterday's sunshine, is, as expected, grey and dismal, damp, but warmish.

Today's washing will be out of the WM in about 7 minutes, thereafter in the drier for about 2 hours or so.

The excitement of my life knows few bounds.

<hiatus>

Beans on toast for lunch.

Living the dream.

Now here's a little example of lunacy if you like:

Turpidity: Nuclear Incident - No One Hurt

One assumes that they hadn't been in the reactor or they'd all be dead.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 February 2019, 13:29.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey out, but mild and dry

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Now here's a little example of lunacy if you like:

Turpidity: Nuclear Incident - No One Hurt

One assumes that they hadn't been in the reactor or they'd all be dead.
        "…the fact that these were uranium rods adds an air of glamour to the whole crime"

Comment

Apple Support on the phone again over the case of the mysterious happenings in the Recent Purchases screen of the Apple TV Movies app. Whichever branch of engineering it had initially been referred to has shrugged it off, so I've now been handed off from the nice chap in Ireland who'd been dealing with it to a nice woman in San Jose, who in turn is now getting some iTunes department or other to have a look

Nice to know my minor issue is being worked on by the best and brightest in the industry, nearly half a world away

Comment

Nice to know my minor issue is being worked on by the best and brightest in the industry, nearly half a world away
            Showoff.

Next thing you'll be telling us you've baked another cake.

Actually, he was Swiss. My mistake
            Was the Giant Toblerone a bit of a giveaway?

I'm reading books.

Just finished the first one "Fallout" by Fred Pearce, being the joys of nuclear power since the 1940s.

The one I've just started is "Armageddon and Paranoia The nuclear confrontation" by Sir Rodric Braithwaite.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 18 February 2019, 08:42. Reason: Got his name wrong

Comment

They usually deal with people concerning whom nobody calls
              Sounds like me. I've got the disused telephone box at the top of the road earmarked for my funeral. Easily big enough.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Sounds like me. I've got the disused telephone box at the top of the road earmarked for my funeral. Easily big enough.
                One for you xog: Google Maps

Comment

The post-pub movie action was a rewatch of Man on a Ledge (2012), of which I previously said:
                  Having taken my life in my hands & extracted said epic from a pile, I shall now watch said epic & return opinion in due course.

In the preceding trailers there was reference to yet another mediocre Bruce Willis flic.

It (rather than the Bruce Willis epic) was rather good.

Now on to the Great British Road Journeys which this week is from South to North Wales.

Presumably along the A470.

Or not.

Rather more obscure than that.

Which was amusing in its way.

Tonight's 2nd epic was "The Old Curiosity Shop" with Derek Jacobi and Toby Jones.

The Old Curiosity Shop (TV Movie 2007) - IMDb

The one which terrified me back in the day was

The Old Curiosity Shop (TV Mini-Series 1962– ) - IMDb

Probably more so for being in glorious B&W.

That Quilp was a nasty piece of work & no mistake.

I can see why it might have made an impression.

One must have a heart of stone to read the death of little Nell without laughing

Stone me.

At least Quilp got his comeuppance.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 February 2019, 22:56.

Comment

Still working on my iTunes film library thing. It now displays unwatched films grouped by genre

This makes up for the fact that in iTunes, you can view your films by genre, and you can view your unwatched films, but there's no way to view your unwatched films by genre

Anyway, now that's working I suppose I'd better be getting to the Chinese

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Working...
                      X