• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Diastolic 94. TFBSZ
      It happens. Did you hear my blood pressure test story?

Well here you go!

Having exceptionally high blood pressure > 100 they decided I needed a treadmill test. So along I trot to the hospital on my bicycle (no parking at our local).

I turn up to find the Doctor allocated to run the test was a ~35 year old aspiring supermodel (so just at the bottom of my 'I would' age range) with a plunging neckline.

So she put the cuff on me and leant over to take my blood pressure, she couldn't work out why my BP was even higher despite placing her cleavage in my face. I never took the treadmill test.

Statins have finally tamed my BP it just took a while to get the combination right.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I've had 140/90 for about the past 20 years. Doctors always tsk tsk, but it never seems to change. Even when I was on statins. (Which I had to stop taking as they started attacking my muscle tissue).
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I've had 140/90 for about the past 20 years. Doctors always tsk tsk, but it never seems to change. Even when I was on statins. (Which I had to stop taking as they started attacking my muscle tissue).
          Thats at the top of the healthy range anyway, unless you have other issues like an elevated heart rate it's probably not worth worrying about.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            You need to stop getting stressed every time you take your blood pressure.
            I avoid Doctors altogether, seems to be working for me!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              It happens. Did you hear my blood pressure test story?

Well here you go!

Having exceptionally high blood pressure > 100 they decided I needed a treadmill test. So along I trot to the hospital on my bicycle (no parking at our local).

I turn up to find the Doctor allocated to run the test was a ~35 year old aspiring supermodel (so just at the bottom of my 'I would' age range) with a plunging neckline.

So she put the cuff on me and leant over to take my blood pressure, she couldn't work out why my BP was even higher despite placing her cleavage in my face. I never took the treadmill test.

Statins have finally tamed my BP it just took a while to get the combination right.
              Similar to the Frank Worthington story where he almost signs for Liverpool but having failed initial medical with high BP, he went on holiday spent it knobbing a Miss Great Britain (amongst others!) and on the retest was higher!

qh
              Last edited by quackhandle; 5 January 2017, 12:31.
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                Similar to the Frank Worthington story where he almost signs for Liverpool but having failed initial medical with high BP, he went on holiday spent it knobbing a Miss Great Britain (amongst others!) and on the retest was higher!

qh
                I only service Mrs Great Sluff!

Enough to put my blood pressure up!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

I'm not sure why my system decided I was in need of twelve hours sleep, but I feel better for it

Quite sunny out there, though rather chilly

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Afternoon denizens

I'm not sure why my system decided I was in need of twelve hours sleep, but I feel better for it

Quite sunny out there, though rather chilly
                    It's all that fresh air and exercise
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                      Boomed until June. Off to Cape Town / Franschhoek today for two weeks. All in the Nick of Time.

Just had the agent from TheOnceAndFutureClientCo gig email me to say they're going to want me back Real Soon Now. I believe the plan is something like a late January start, so given how project plans usually go, I'm assuming I can relax until maybe the beginning of March

Comment

Working...
                      X