• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Now back in the slough of despond.

Naturally enough it's raining in Swansea.

However the binbags were being collected as I left the house.

And my lab is full of stuff that wasn't there when I left.

Dunno what's been going on, but I'm not impressed.
    Bin Day FTW!

Maybe it's Christmas presents?

Comment

Morning all
      TFIF, etc.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

The recycling I put out yesterday has just been collected. I know this because I've just heard all the wine bottles being emptied into the wagon

TFIF indeed.

Mind how you go.

Comment

Have successfully annoyed the ClientCo travel agent and probably a couple of members of their staff all because the ClientCo got rid of a good organiser and replaced them with someone capable of forwarding emails, but not thinking.

In the past I would have said "I need a flight from London to Tokyo or Osaka on dd/mm/yy date, returning on dd2/mm2/yy". A few hours later I would have been given 3 flight options to choose from.
          Now I have to choose the route and provide the flight numbers.
          Chose the flights and then noticed that business was pretty full, and BA have a seat sale on. So it's a grand cheaper to fly me First return than to put me in business. I send a screenshot of the prices to Mrs Email Forwarder, who sends them on to the travel agent. This means the TA can't put a massive mark up on the prices.
          Shame really.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Bin Day FTW!

Maybe it's Christmas presents?
            No chance.

I was hoping for a quiet day but there's esteemed customers from an FE college down the way doing stuff with a hydrogen fuel cell and a wheelchair.

They've gone to lunch thank feck.

And they need stuff I don't stock, like 35A relays, 6mm bolts, and such like.

Comment

Cough cough
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Walk in Bradgate Park done

I drove to the car park round the back of the hill, then walked round the inside of the wall nearly to the car park at Newton Linford (which is downhill), and then started heading up and over. The direct frontal assault on the folly at the top is so steep that I've avoided it for many years, in favour of the various easier approaches from the sides, but today I went for it. I now remember why I've avoided it for many years

The deer have got their winter plumage on. This makes them look like they've faded badly in the wash, or are being viewed through a dense mist, but it tones in well with the winter vegetation. There were a few that have gone white all over, too. They stand out a bit more, and give away the position of the others.

Comment

The other place's esteemed customers are being interrogated about their project.

<rubs hands in glee>

Comment

I'm drilling holes in stuff, sawing stuff, and screwing stuff together.

I didn't come in here to work FFS.

Comment

The rain's arrived. Good job I went for my walk this morning, when there was only ice on the puddles to contend with

Comment

Working...
                      X