• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was sure there was something to do before the return to ClientCo tomorrow, but couldn't remember what. Luckily it finally came to me: the offside front tyre on the Toyota, having been losing pressure fairly slowly for a while, was doing so more quickly - down from 34 to 26psi between Friday and today - so I needed to take it to the tyre place. They couldn't find anything obviously wrong with the tyre, so we assumed it was just due to corrosion around the rim (the Orion suffers from the same problem). They smeared that magic gunk around it and hopefully it'll be OK now.

And after that was done, I went to Iceland ("A Shop Not A Country"™) which I've never been in before, despite it being just a few doors away and even having the same postcode. The purpose of this visit: they are the only place that sells Greggs products frozen. So the freezer now has an emergency supply of steak bakes, chicken bakes, and sausage rolls

Which further reminds me that i'm supposed to be making some proper home-made sausage rolls, too

Comment

Off to do exercise.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all 3.51am Jetlag
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Exercise done. Don't like that class so not doing it again.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Breakfast time. Sun's not up yet, but I am
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Roast chicken and the usual accompaniments for dinner

It was very nice, though as usual I left starting cooking about an hour too late, and the chicken was bigger than I expected - I'd picked out a reasonably plump one without paying much attention to the label, but it turned out to be over 2Kg, so it took a while to roast

Now I've finished and it's nearly time for bed, ready for an early start to Cambridgeshire in the morning.

Comment

Ah, freezing fog forecast for the morning. Splendid

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Too dark out there to gauge weather conditions, other than that the road looks damp - whether this is just moisture, or frozen moisture, remains to be seen

Doesn't look particularly foggy, but it probably will be when I make it to the wilds of the A14

Comment

Ommm...
                    Join IPSE

Comment

Train 21 minutes late.

Single carriage.

Class 150.

Very intimate.

Comment

Working...
                      X