• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    That's what all trolls says. Of course, if you're innocent, then you've nothing to fear.
    Have you got a ducking stool to test if I drown and then a stake to burn me at if I don't?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      Nope, all I was pointing out is you're either in or out. .
      If it's that simple what's the procrastination for?
      Nope. There are an infinite number of combinations whereby you're partly in and partly out.
      "Total out" would be WTO trade rules, and certainly Johnson (and probably May) doesn't support that.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Nope. There are an infinite number of combinations whereby you're partly in and partly out.
        "Total out" would be WTO trade rules, and certainly Johnson (and probably May) doesn't support that.
        And you say I'm thick!

Comment

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
          And you say I'm thick!
          That's probably being overly complimentary.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Have you got a ducking stool to test if I drown and then a stake to burn me at if I don't?

Comment

I'll use a golf club analogy. I am either a member of the club or not. If I am then I have to pay my fee and abide by the club's rules. If not, I may still be able to play the course, drink at the bar, but under a different set of circumstances; either special rules for non-members, or as of a guest of a member.

As you well know, Brexiteers don't want to have nothing to do with Europe, they just don't won't sign up to full EU rules.

Comment

I'll use a golf club analogy. I am either a member of the club or not. If I am then I have to pay my fee and abide by the club's rules. If not, I may still be able to play the course, drink at the bar, but under a different set of circumstances; either special rules for non-members, or as of a guest of a member.

As you well know, Brexiteers don't want to have nothing to do with Europe, they just don't won't sign up to full EU rules.
                Some clubs have associate membership, you're not quite a full member, but not quite not a member.
                My prediction is that's what Brexit will end up being, so it's not quite binary is it?
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Some clubs have associate membership, you're not quite a full member, but not quite not a member.
                  My prediction is that's what Brexit will end up being, so it's not quite binary is it?
                  It's either Article 50 is envoked or not. Brexit or fudge?

Comment

It's either Article 50 is envoked or not. Brexit or fudge?
                    I'm not sure if Article 50 was ever stated as an aim/pledge/promise of Vote Leave, and more recently all we know is that "Brexit means Brexit". But we don't know what the second word 'Brexit' means.
                    In other words, we could well end up with a fudge (no/little extra cash for NHS, partial control on immigration, some trade "deals") and the only people to do well out of it will be unelected civil servants, unelected lawyers and bankers.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      .... If Brexit or Scottish independence had been 70/30, only the most die-hard opponents would be moaning.
                      Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      wouldn't stop the bremoaners its like Scotland all over again.
                      Er... yes. That is what I said.

If you don't drown, we tie you to a stake and then set light to it just to dry you off. You're then free to go.

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      I'm not sure if Article 50 was ever stated as an aim/pledge/promise of Vote Leave, and more recently all we know is that "Brexit means Brexit". But we don't know what the second word 'Brexit' means.
                      We do now. Davies clarified it it. "Brexit means leaving the EU".
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X