• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[Merged]Brexit stuff

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    We do now. Davies clarified it it. "Brexit means leaving the EU".
    He also said it meant strengthening our security & defence with the EU, so all those posts/promises/pledges about getting away from a European defence have now been thrown on the fire.

    And May has said that money for the NHS, reduction on VAT on fuel and the proposal/promise/pledge on immigration are also no longer promises or pledges.

    All we appear to be getting is a list of what is not going to happen, and no idea of what is.
    {emotionless greeting}

    Three Word Slogan

    Comment


      Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      I'll use a golf club analogy. I am either a member of the club or not. If I am then I have to pay my fee and abide by the club's rules. If not, I may still be able to play the course, drink at the bar, but under a different set of circumstances; either special rules for non-members, or as of a guest of a member.

      As you well know, Brexiteers don't want to have nothing to do with Europe, they just don't won't sign up to full EU rules.
      Thing is, if you have been a member of a golf club and then you kick up a big stink and leave it, you may find that you're not welcome back as a guest or non-member. The club sets the rules.
      {emotionless greeting}

      Three Word Slogan

      Comment


        Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Thing is, if you have been a member of a golf club and then you kick up a big stink and leave it, you may find that you're not welcome back as a guest or non-member. The club sets the rules.
        Much like CUK then. Except that the rules change every 5 minutes....

        Comment


          Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          He also said it meant strengthening our security & defence with the EU, so all those posts/promises/pledges about getting away from a European defence have now been thrown on the fire.

          And May has said that money for the NHS, reduction on VAT on fuel and the proposal/promise/pledge on immigration are also no longer promises or pledges.

          All we appear to be getting is a list of what is not going to happen, and no idea of what is.
          She's not discounted WW3, so the Bremoaners might get CMD's pledge coming true.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

          Comment


            Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            Thing is, if you have been a member of a golf club and then you kick up a big stink and leave it, you may find that you're not welcome back as a guest or non-member. The club sets the rules.
            The club may be tempted to let you play on Wednesday mornings and not use the bar and you paid them a whopping fee costing you greater than membership.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

            Comment


              ...and now Theresa May is slapping down Davies suggestion about the UK leaving the single market. This is really going to be interesting.

              Theresa May rebukes David Davis over warning that UK could leave the single market

              Comment


                Originally posted by sirja View Post
                ...and now Theresa May is slapping down Davies suggestion about the UK leaving the single market. This is really going to be interesting.

                Theresa May rebukes David Davis over warning that UK could leave the single market


                We must be becoming a laughing stock in world capitals.
                As the days go by, Brexit is more and more being revealed as the massive clusterfook it is.
                Meanwhile, of course, Britain is thriving within the EU.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

                Comment


                  They don't want to show their cards to the voters.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Meanwhile, of course, Britain is thriving within the EU.
                    Shame the southern half of the EU isn't though.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Thing is, if you have been a member of a golf club and then you kick up a big stink and leave it, you may find that you're not welcome back as a guest or non-member. The club sets the rules.
                      Not if you're the best golfer in the world. Then YOU set the rules and can shag the Club President's missus, tulip on his desk and still expect a free bar.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X