• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Lots of inside + wanting SC this week. Oh well keep looking.

qh

Any outside gigs requiring SC? If so, get SC in one gig and move to the next role quickly. Look after yourself first, just as clients look after themselves first.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

the mistake was asking them in the first place and 'reminding' them what the current rate is.

You should have told them what your new rate is, you can mentions briefly a few reasons if you'f like, and that you will not show up on site after contract lapses without a new agreement(if you show up without an extension the previous terms precede in legal terms)

Everyone is lining their pockets, why shouldn't you? Apart from 15% inflation that we've have(in more real terms), and NI contributions increase from april they have the audacity to ask for a rate cut.

HR knows that you are starting from a position of comfort and the potential discomfort to move might be offset with a small rate cut.
      Which is the point that we should fight back on. There are plenty of contracts on the market, you just have to pop your head out.
      If the market was the other way around, they wouldn't have thought twice about pushing a big rate cut.

Let them get a new contractor from the market, pay 20% at least more, wait 3m for the resource to get up to speed and also take the risk of it being a lemon.

That's business, nobody will look down upon you for driving a hard negotiation, that is wagie mentality. They'll actually respect you more.

Quick note to say that is a brilliant video

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
        I've got to say - it's great to hear opportunities coming in, and 9/10 outside of IR35.

I think we possibly got what we wanted - the companies stopped taking the easy advice of the 'consultants' and actually made their roles outside of IR35, in name and in spirit. Everybody wins.
        Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        My client has been trying to hire 3 new contractors for the project for several weeks. Whenever anyone any good is available, the rates are very high and if the decision isn't made quickly, the candidates are gone.

I would say this is the best contractor market for decades. If you aren't coining it in now, you really need to consider, are you cut out to be a contractor?
        Nothing better than telling a bunch of Recruiters/Clients, I'm off the market because you're too slow

Comment

I've got to say - it's great to hear opportunities coming in, and 9/10 outside of IR35.

I think we possibly got what we wanted - the companies stopped taking the easy advice of the 'consultants' and actually made their roles outside of IR35, in name and in spirit. Everybody wins.
          Originally posted by PCTNN View Post
          Got an email yesterday where the chap asked if I was interested in a Lead Service Designer role that paid £150-250 a day and was inside ir35. I replied asking if it was a typo but haven't heard back yet.
          love, I'm gonna use that line next time advanceConsulting makes it through my spam filters

Comment

Avance consulting rotate their email patterns and numbers so the filters fail. I get copped at least once a month by someone trying to flog a tulip role inside ir35 inside some god awful location.

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post

Nothing better than telling a bunch of Recruiters/Clients, I'm off the market because you're too slow
              or that you’re not interested in ‘inside’ work at any price.

IR35 is a choice. Someone should help inform these clients that they’re intentionally making themselves less competitive for the same outlay.
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
                Avance consulting rotate their email patterns and numbers so the filters fail. I get copped at least once a month by someone trying to flog a tulip role inside ir35 inside some god awful location.
                how do we flag them to some gov agency?

Comment

how do we flag them to some gov agency?
                  To what end? What are you trying to achieve?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

To what end? What are you trying to achieve?
                    stop their dirty spam tactics

Comment

stop their dirty spam tactics
                      going to make zero difference
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X