• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    My bad, I didn't realise you were an "inny". I'm an "outy".
    Most of those are outside I believe.

I don't tend to use the likes of jobserve to gauge it that much, Google jobs search collates the contracts from most of the other sites anyway.

Either way, my point is that the boards/websites/LinkedIn posts are painting a, somewhat, better picture recently.

Comment

There are loads of jobs on Jobserve, CWjobs, jobsite etc if you are willing to ignore the fact, they are all the same role. Repeated day after bloody day.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
        There are loads of jobs on Jobserve, CWjobs, jobsite etc if you are willing to ignore the fact, they are all the same role. Repeated day after bloody day.
        That's not what I'm seeing on job server either, even on that last screenshot I sent you can see that's not the case

Comment

I start a new contract today. Inside IR35 and bad pay but at least it's WFH. It also gives me the opportunity to look for a better paying contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Destiny2 View Post
            I start a new contract today. Inside IR35 and bad pay but at least it's WFH. It also gives me the opportunity to look for a better paying contract.
            Pragmatism will always win out in the end. I see no point in eating away at savings if there's work available.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              you have options
              you aren't being forced to stay here.
              you could go back to the EE utopia you came from.
              I see the misinformed village idiot xenophobe is unfortunately still with us.

Poland is a country in central Europe. Timezone is also central European time. Thought this dafty had a lifetime ban? About time he was out of here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poland

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post

Poland is a country in central Europe. Timezone is also central European time. Thought this dafty had a lifetime ban? About time he was out of here.

I'm neither misinformed nor xenophobic.
                if you come to this country and don't like it, what's the point of incessantly whining?
                just move on.
                simple.

DLTDSYAOTWO

Comment

You clearly need a bit of history (albeit about things that haven't been the case for 30 odd years)

Western Europe - everywhere that was assigned to the UK / USA post WW2
                  Eastern Europe = everywhere that was assigned to the USSR post WW2

Which means for instance that Bulgaria is Eastern Europe while Greece would be Western Europe.

There really is no such thing as central Europe for most Brits.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I haven't followed this debate at all, I'm not really interested, but I'm calling out how cheap it is to accuse someone of [X]phobia these days. Accusations of 'ist' or 'phobic' are everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      My bad, I didn't realise you were an "inny". I'm an "outy".
                      You can have a simple operation for that! Outys are a hairsbreadth away from an umbical hernia, especially if you have a bit of a pod!

Anyway, welcome back Suity!
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X