• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: CUK Fat Club

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CUK Fat Club"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Depends how fat you are.
    Oh its a LARGE portion!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

oh sorry, is there still space?
    Depends how fat you are.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I didn't know you were coming!
    oh sorry, is there still space?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Congrats, just 4Kg for me so far. I look forward to meeting the new sleeker SM on the 10th.
    I didn't know you were coming!

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Now lost 12% of my starting weight, 16.8kgs in total
    Shaved the beard off?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Congrats, just 4Kg for me so far. I look forward to meeting the new sleeker SM on the 10th.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Diet tonic water for you on the 10th?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

11th August started Calories In/Calories Out (CICO) as after my father had a heart attack it gave me the kick up the arse needed to do something, have now moved not one but two stone brackets for a total loss of over 13.2kgs. No other major changes than just writing down what I eat and asking myself do I really want that?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Drink lots of water, and stay hydrated. I only get cramp when I drink too much beeron a night out, or 4 hours into a bike ride and I've clearly not been drinking enough water.
    Already do drink plenty of water, but occasionally have cramps at night even when on the wagon, used to use crampex occasionally but it was in short supply so I asked the pharmacist for an alternative and she recommended magnesium.

At first over a few months I took magnesium as needed but still had cramp. Switched to just a magnesium supplement and it stopped. Added minerals to my vitamin tablets and no recent experience regardless of how much beer etc I drink.

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied

I'm a big fan of magnesium supplements for cramp.
    Drink lots of water, and stay hydrated. I only get cramp when I drink too much beeron a night out, or 4 hours into a bike ride and I've clearly not been drinking enough water.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post

IMO It's not really the warmth that you need them for - although it certainly helps. Its more that it's almost impossible to drown in a swimming wetsuit. Even if you cramp up hard and are unable to move you float on the surface. I was always a bit dubious about cramp being a thing until I had it really bad in a deep pool. Only just managed to get to the side and needed two life guards to help stretch out my leg. Not sure I'd want to be open water swimming without one tbh.
    Good point. Now you mention it I remember the first time I wore one, it felt like (I imagine) swimming in the Dead Sea.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by b0redom View Post

IMO It's not really the warmth that you need them for - although it certainly helps. Its more that it's almost impossible to drown in a swimming wetsuit. Even if you cramp up hard and are unable to move you float on the surface. I was always a bit dubious about cramp being a thing until I had it really bad in a deep pool. Only just managed to get to the side and needed two life guards to help stretch out my leg. Not sure I'd want to be open water swimming without one tbh.
    I'm a big fan of magnesium supplements for cramp.

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post

I grew up of the generation that didn't use them much - now they're di rigueur for everyone at the seaside - but I don't know how people who swim or surf without wetsuits in UK waters managed it!
    Even in the balmy Cornish waters it's not exactly pleasant and I still see people in Scotland surfing in just shorts!

Leave a comment:

• Whorty
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    geez, even more mumsnet sh1te.

WGAFF???
    Any other post topics you'd like to ban on CUK?

It's really simple fella, you don't like a topic then pass it by. Stop being such a dick and telling people what they can and can't post.

Leave a comment:

• NigelJK
    replied
    Check out Dr Atkins Diet, his method once you are down to your desired weight means finding your daily carb limit. Mine is 52g. With alcohol you have to remember that the first thing digested is the alcohol. I like to think 1g of Alcohol is 1g of carbs. G+T slimline has 0 official carbs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X