• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    ... expecting to be up and out walking by 6am again
    Well, that didn't happen. Both I and the dog slept in until 7am. Clouds to the east are heavy, laden with rain, but they aren't as ominous out west.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Friday.

Damply dry.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 14.3 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 13.5 deg in the leanto.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 762.8 Torr, 14.75 psi, (down from 1018 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the grey gloom. Might have seen my shadow at one point but I couldn't swear to it.

Meanwhile on the 9th of September 2019 the Links were up, whilst others had celebrated 18 years of wedlock the day before.

Sunny.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: NZ Customs: the one where the chap kicked the drugs dog: $250 fine & $750 to the NZ RSPCA 20/11/02. Plus some dumb cheese eating surrender monkey who had weed in a little packet between his legs (as it were): back on the plane to France. Chap from Iran with no passport (ditched down the aircraft bog) claiming asylum. Bucket loads of $200 fines for people carrying the undeclared gift apples off the Quantas flight. They were majorly unimpressed.

Canadian customs. S1 E5. Pissed up chap with DUI: back on the plane. Two packets x rayed: one with the barrel, the other with the receiver and other parts of a belt fed tripod mounted MG. Dunno if it was 50 cal, but it wasn't an M2A2 apparently. Probably M240, 7.62x51. Oh, and they caught a kiddie fiddler from septicland & returned him thence.

Oz customs. The usual Chinese "food". Chap returning from Vietnam: taken to the cleaners after a drug test was positive on some "fish sauce". Full nine yards but he was clean. Odd to pack fish sauce in a plastic bag in a glass jar but there you go.

4 lawns mown. That was good since we've since had a hailstorm.

Tea: battered haddock etc. Hope it doesn't give me raging indigestion the way it did on Wednesday.

Entertainment: PM.

The Mentalist S1 E20 "Red Sauce". The Mafia one.

Coast & Country. Watched more of The Mentalist that was interrupted by tea.

Villages by the sea. Bamburgh.

Freecell score: 86%, running average: 86%. It seemed irritating this evening.

Cracking the Code: DNA.

History's greatest Mysteries: The Chicago Tylenol murders.

Ditto: The Dyatlov Pass Incident: the dead hikers in the Urals thing.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 22 March 2024, 22:05.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

Bright but overcast. Damp from occasional showers. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 12 expected. Barometer at 1018 mBar.

Cancelled my tour of T4 baggage. Actually quite upset by that but I know I'm not well enough.

Comment

Lunch: a couple of Greggs sausage rolls, freshly baked

And I found time this morning to strip the bed, which has been left for a good airing with the bedroom window open

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Lunch was assorted charcuterie in a wholemeal butty, with a bag of plain crisps
            Was just wandering through on a catchup... when I came across this......

Oddly, at about the time you wrote the above, I was deep into a very long comment thread (FB I think, /r or summut... anyhoo) about of all things "charcuterie"....

Some very vicious and spiteful arguments were ongoing (several different arguments interspersed, with responses being put on the wrong comment so kicking off more arguments etc)......

Some were arguing - charcuterie = Cut meats, some cooked meats, some cured meats, some cheese board, some meat & cheese....
            Some going off of the deep end about fruit........

Some fisticuffs about if the physical board is used for, say, cheese is it still a charcuterie board.... etc etc.

I need to get a life!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post

Was just wandering through on a catchup... when I came across this......

Oddly, at about the time you wrote the above, I was deep into a very long comment thread (FB I think, /r or summut... anyhoo) about of all things "charcuterie"....

Some very vicious and spiteful arguments were ongoing (several different arguments interspersed, with responses being put on the wrong comment so kicking off more arguments etc)......

Some were arguing - charcuterie = Cut meats, some cooked meats, some cured meats, some cheese board, some meat & cheese....
              Some going off of the deep end about fruit........

Some fisticuffs about if the physical board is used for, say, cheese is it still a charcuterie board.... etc etc.

I need to get a life!!
              That's exactly the kind of thing Tim Berners-Lee had in mind when he invented the web

Comment

Tea was, as foretold, steak & Hobgoblin Stout pie and chips, and really was extremely nice. Very pleased with how well the pie turned out

That was accompanied by an episode of Trucking Hell in which Crouch had to recover a car that was next to a pub that had just burned down, The Shambles in Lutterworth. As it happens, the pub has just reopened after the rebuild within the last week or two

Back in 2000 I went for an interview with a client in Lutterworth. This was before I'd passed my driving test and when I left, mid-afternoon, I found I had to wait about an hour for the next bus back. So I popped into The Shambles for a pint while I waited

It seemed like a very nice place, typical thatched coaching inn in the centre of a small country town and all that. Except that very evening, the landlord was murdered, stabbed to death by one of the customers

Comment

A power outage at 13:00 today meant I finished work early (about 16:00, but billed a full day on advice of project management), so I’ve probably trimmed 3/4 of the lawn, probably half an hour more to finish it, and then the big mower is due to be fixed on Tuesday, when I’ll be able to cut the grass down to a better height.

Power came back on just before 18:00, so the evening was not wasted. Now TFBSZ.

Comment

Tonight's first major motion picture probably wasn't a premiere because I think I saw it in the 1970s, and maybe even in the 1980s, though I'm less sure about that: To Sir, with Love (1967). Good stuff

And then a rewatch of Last Night in Soho (2021) because why not?

Finally, a couple more episodes of S2 of The Wire, in which things aren't turning out well for… well, a lot of people

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Working...
                      X