• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup with white bloomer toast

Back to proper grey outside now, and there's even been a light shower

Comment

It's been an on-off kind of week with yea olde coff.

In the office Monday, decidedly unwell Tuesday, in another office Wednesday, not great today. Tomorrow I am doing a tour of Heathrow T4 Baggage systems so I guess that'll be Saturday written off then.

Anyway, it's been a nice, sunny day today.

Comment

Turned sunny here too now

Comment

I've now got one working lawnmower (the small one), so even thought the grass is damp, I'm going to go out and give a bit of it a cut.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

To Sainsbury's I did go, though I didn't really need much so most of my expenditure was on Easter eggs. I'm feeling generous this year, so they're all getting decent-sized Toblerone eggs rather than discounted Cadbury's Buttons ones - though there was still a Nectar Price discount; I wasn't going to spend that much

On the way over, I wasn't able to go past the old place and see how the chestnut tree was doing. This is because a single short stretch of road in an industrial estate is closed for roadworks and without that, it's impossible to take that route from here without finding somewhere to do a u-turn or going an extra mile or so through the one-way system. I came back past it instead, as the closed road doesn't affect things that way, but it was too dark by then to see much more than that the tree's still standing proudly. It doesn't tend to bud until a little later in the year anyway, from what I remember

Comment

I must be ill. I've resorted to watching Oak Island nut jobs. I didn't watch season 10 when it originally came out so I'm catching up.

Comment

3 sections of the lawn cut before Raynaud’s stopped me
                5 more sections to go, hopefully tomorrow.

Anyway, it’s 9.30 and I’m TFBSZ, expecting to be up and out walking by 6am again
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tea was Big Chicken leftover bits (leg, wing, some breast) with chips and ketchup

Accompanied by an episode of that thing where police and paramedic form a crew together down in Kent

And once that was out of the way, it was back to the kitchen to deal with some stuff I'd taken out of the freezer part of the fridge-freezer to make room for stuff from the ailing freezer. Having thawed overnight, it had to be dealt with this evening. So a load of diced beef shin and casserole steak, some of it with an original use-by in last May, has been browned and is now going to spend the night simmering gently in the slow cooker with a Hobgoblin Stout gravy. I'm doing it overnight so it has plenty of time to cool tomorrow, then for tea I'll be making a large pie with it (or maybe several smaller pies)

Some of the pie will have to be frozen in its turn, of course, which kind of negates the purpose of thawing it in the first place. Maybe I'll just live on pie for a few days instead

Comment

The beef & stout preparation in the slow cooker is coming up to temperature and beginning to emit a delicious aroma, so it's time to leave it to its devices and get to sleep

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey thin cloud to start again, though with clearer but windy conditions expected this afternoon. Currently 8°C but not getting any higher than 11°; the barometers are heading back down at 1006/1014mB

Pleasant aromas filled the kitchen this morning, the beef & stout having been well and truly slow cooked overnight

Comment

Working...
                      X