• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Sunday.

After last night's dreams I feel as if I've worked down a pit all night. .

Dry.

White sky.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 12.6 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 11 deg in the leanto, 7 deg in the salting house.

1015 mBar, 29.973 in Hg, 761.3 Torr, 14.72 psi, (up from 1010 last night), 73% RH (GDR hair), 72% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 10th of May 2019 I came home on the T6, whilst NF was moving stuff around in the living room in a hunt for mouse detritus.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

The first of the aforementioned dreams seemed to involve a battle wherein The Wrong Crystals had been supplied for the wireless sets (which looked remarkably similar to the 38 set of yore) meaning communications were screwed (somewhat reminiscent of A Bridge Too Far), followed by a dream where I was programming some test equipment or other at some company or other and the printout was going to be enormous. Happily enough I woke up before the paper ran out. I'm not sure the dream specified if it was fanfold or A4 sheets.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Walk (abbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine.

Cottons out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese and baked beans, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red pippy corner yog, 0.91*1.53 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: the Museum of Curiosity.

Looks like the endeavours of the jackdaws on next door's roof have led to a successful nest in what used to be a chimney. Which is impressive considering it's covered by tiles.

Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away: inflation: 4 pack of Morrisons baked beans up from £1.45 to £1.70. . 17% inflation!

For the first time ever the till thingie was used in the way the designer intended, demented though he might have been and certainly not someone who'd ever studied ergonomics.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned whilst listening to Gardeners' Question Time, now airing upstairs (the shirts not GQT).

It's drying remarkably well out there now the wind has risen a little.

The washing is now all in off the line & iRoned where required, just as well since it's started raining. Looks like the getting up early to do the washing worked then.

Yesterday it was two magpies, so two for joy, today it was three magpies so three for a girl.

I once spotted a cloud of 14 of the damn things, so that was two secrets never to be told.

Tea: soup n rice thing, a yog, some apricot halves, 0.91*1.51 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Digging for Britain on Blaze with that Alice Roberts. 2011.

Five minutes of "Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull".

Something else that now totally escapes me. The Something was "Western Chronicles: Bass Reeves": a sort of drama doc about the chap who is alleged to be the role model for "The Lone Ranger" despite not having a white horse and being an ex slave from Arkansas.

The Repaire Shoppe: tedious: baby's cot built from "reclaimed" wood, marlin spike, a reed organ.

The last 5 seconds of Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull.

The start of Terminator 2, the middle of Terminator 2, back to the early part of Terminator 2 where she gets out of the asylum.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 March 2023, 12:45.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey start out, but dry. Currently 8°C with an expected high of 11°, and the barometers are up at 1003/1011mB

I had a decent night's sleep, awaking at 7:30, deciding there was no call for that, and immediately going back to sleep

A bunch of rather chonky pigeons are wandering around on the lawn, and I'm increasingly certain that a couple of magpies are nesting right at the top of one of the conifers

Comment

The wokiness is in office now. Typed in p**s while testing summit out in Word and got a little popup that it may be offensive to some readers.

Edit: Just in case that is misread, there are 2 *, ie the toilet thing. Potty mouthed (and fingered) old git.
          Last edited by xoggoth; 19 March 2023, 13:28.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Lunch, inevitably, has been a bowl of the new batch of Scotch broth with some wholemeal bread, and was extremely nice; very peppery

Comment

The teapot has been pressed into service

Accompanied by Canadian border stuff on the telly. They can be distinguished from the US ones a couple of hundred yards away across the border by the fact that they don't act like complete arseholes to everybody for no good reason

Comment

Busy afternoon down on the lawn: several pigeons, a magpie, a male blackbird, and a squirrel are all out and about at the same time, though keeping a respectable distance from one another

Comment

Tea has been a roast pork dinner, and was exceedingly nice. The crackling turned out particularly well

Comment

On the 11th of May 2019 I slept late.

Comment

OM.

Comment

Working...
                      X