• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

There’s a mouse in the roof but he’s not been caught yet.
    A bit windy here. Not sure whether it’s the beans for lunch yesterday or the ratatouille for dinner.

TFIF, etc.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Though there does seem to be a bit of a thaw going on. Supposedly, it'll get up to 2°C soon and rain for a while, before turning back to snow in the early hours but not going below freezing. So it's possible it'll all be gone by tomorrow; or maybe the overnight stuff will be more like a blizzard and it'll be snowier than ever. We shall see
      It decided to do the blizzard thing. Well, probably not an actual blizzard, but it's back to snowing heavily and everywhere that showed signs of thaw is now more deeply covered than it was this time yesterday

Currently 0°C with snow continuing until after 9am, but it's expected to brighten up and maybe get to 4° later. The barometers are hovering around the same sort of level at 983/991mB

It's rather nice to watch from up here while it's snowing heavily though; you get to see it blowing about unhindered

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Last 7 days: Mice 20, Shrews 2
        Last 7 days: Mice 9, Shrews 4

(Running total: 76 mice, 20 shrews)

One mouse caught downstairs, and there's still one up in the attic.

Comment

Morning all

Windy and raining but quite bright, considering. Currently 3 degrees ('feels like' -2) with a high of 5 expected. Rain forecast all morning with sunshine due this afternoon. Barometer down a bit to 995 mBar.

I still have an annoying cough so I did a test and it came out negative so I guess it's just the lingering after effects.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            The car earlier was a Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen. No word as to its fate, as they struggled to sell it until some bloke from Cyprus finally took it off their hands by email
            According to PistonHeads it's been up for sale several times since..

Morning.

Friday.

Dry. .

Blue sky in parts.

Wanly sunny.

Cold in here at 11 deg, 11 deg in the kitchen, 9 deg in the lean to, 5 deg in the salting house.

1000 mBar, 29.53 in Hg, 750.062 Torr, 14.5 psi, (up from 982 last night ), 70% RH (GDR hair), 58% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of May 2019, on "this week we ain't found tulip" they find a piece of bone and a piece of leather, while NF was exhausted, presumably due to the stress of losing the SMC, and went to bed early.

Smalls in the WM (apart from an errant underpant).

Smalls out of the WM & pegged out on the line.

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM (along with an errant underpant and a sock) and pegged out on the line.

Cottons (including the Holey Bedsheet) in the WM.

Walk (abbreviated due to expectations of mud) walked in the sunshine & cold breeze.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons oat and barley toast, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, red unpippy corner yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Cottons (including the Holey bedsheet) pegged out on the line.

Shirts (apart from one) in off the line & awaiting the iRon.

Entertainment: whatever the feck is on R4 instead of Y&Y: this week the fuss in Wakefield by the followers of one particular sky fairy, one speaker is an apostate, the other being an enthusiast.

Shirts roughly iRoned and airing upstairs with TWATO providing entertainment.

Underpants in off the line & airing upstairs.

The rest of it seems to be drying quite well, that breeze is doing a fine job.

Cottons in & airing upstairs.

Freecell score: 92%, running average: 85% (85.125%).

Tea: battered cod, some apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S9 E7: 1999 Jaguar XK8: bought: £6k, total: £10,075, sold: they gave it away in some competition or other. MOT expired:June 2014, other than that not known.

Changed the throttle body, upgraded brakes to XKR spec, changed springs & shox, stainless back boxes, new front grill, some weird decoke of the engine using A Magic Machine.

Coast and Country: litter picking on some upland moor or other, St Davids.

Goodness me, pressure is now 1006 mBar at 19:30.

Who do you think you are? Marvin Humes: off to Jamaica to discover his ancestor was a slave owner, one generator further back was a slave.

Dial 999: "Illegal Entry", 1958. This one's got Walter Gotell & Adrienne Corri.

Baldrick is exploring the History of the Channel Islands.

Strangest Things: more bollox: the Voyager golden disk, Voynich book of mysteries, John Dee's Mirror to the Other Side (not to be confused with Simon Dee).

Secrets in the Ice:

Log cabin buried in Siberian permafrost: built of larch, 2000 years old: two mummies: brains & muscles removed.

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news...-cabin-0012500

Metal tower in King's Bay on Svalbard: a pylon for Amundsen's expedition to the north Pole.

Vaygach Island Siberia: mysterious wooden carving.

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news...-cabin-0012500

Dated to 12,000 years ago. Taken back to the lab for preservation. Baaaad move. Cue the X Files theme. So they put it back.

Noises in a forest in Finland.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ight-know-why/

Cue the X Files again.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 March 2023, 23:52.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I ventured forth in the snow to collect the monthly prescription from a local pharmacy, having switched along with the new surgery. It's pure coincidence that out of the two pharmacies nearby, I chose the one that's two doors away from the bakery

So it's a bacon cob for breakfast

Although it's still snowing and it all seems well settled, there does seem to be a bit of a thaw setting in, as I saw a big chunk of snow slip off a car of its own volition

Lots of roads closed because of stuck lorries, including some major ones, and buses cancelled.

Comment

It's turned sunny out, though only off and on because there are still quite a few clumps of white fluffiness floating around

Comment

Lunch: Heinz oxtail soup with toast (white)

Still sunny, and most of the snow on the car has melted away or fallen off, making things a bit easier should I decide to go shopping

Comment

Sunny but cold out. Not so cold that I couldn't walk The DogTW but wet enough that I had to give her a shower when we got back.

Almost Timesheet O'clock

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Almost Timesheet O'clock
                      Thanks for the reminder!

The rain seems to have stopped and the sun has come out.

I ought to get some lunch but am uninspired as to what to eat.

Comment

Working...
                      X