• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Sunny with high level wispy fluff. Currently -1 with a high of 9 expected with cloud cover increasing as the day progresses. Barometer up to 1035 mBar.

Today is looking like another bitty day of poking about at odd data discrepancies.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The car earlier was a Lotus Elan; taxed until March, possibly because they didn't need to do much to it beyond painting
      The subsequent owner(s) must have saved a fortune not having to change those 4 fecking metalastic doughnuts every whipstitch. Lucky the chassis wasn't rusty.

Morning.

Friday.

Grey. Very grey.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 10.7 deg, 10 deg in the kitchen, 6 deg in the leanto.

1034 mBar, 30.534 in Hg, 775.56 Torr, 14.9969 psi, (unchanged), 67% RH (GDR hair), 59% (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 24th of April 2019 MS was still Counting Down while Joe Grundy had popped his clogs and I'd spotted a big feck off angle grinder in Lidl which does a fine job of chopping holes in brickwork.

It's a bad idea to take a gun into an MRI scanner, who'd have thunk?

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/lawyer-die...182941204.html

Literally Terminally Stupid.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the dark grey sunless gloomy drizzle, the kind of drizzle that's even wetter than a proper deluge.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, red corner yog, bramble jelly and marmalade on slices of toast, 0.91*1.55 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: some crap programme about songs on R4, inspired by Delilah. Let it gooooooooo FFS. .

Our Rog's latest brainfart reviewed here at 39:00.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001hx3w

Freecell score in the drizzly grey gloom of the afternoon: 87%, running average 85%.

Tea: Brains faggots with peas & suchlike (meh), some apricot halves, a yog, 0.91*1.59 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: PM.

Wheeler Dealers S7 E7 Bond Bug: Bought: £2k5, Total: £3261, Sold: £5550. Last MOT expired 2018: now MOT exempt, taxed until September 23. Changed the gearbox, renewed the rear axle oil seals, the rear brake shoes, new roof / shroud thing.

Just to piss me off the Humax HD receiver died 40 minutes in. Just as well I have another HD receiver then innit?

Dial 999 S1 E19 "24 Hours a day". That 1959 ITC production. They don't make 'em like that anymore

Walking through History with Baldrick. North Norfolk. NFN.

Strangest things: Baghdad battery. Watched this tosh before.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 February 2023, 22:07.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

You know that legally you can't release them and need to kill them...
        That only applies to certain rodents (e.g. grey squirrels) - see Schedule 9 of the WCA if you’re unsure. It does not apply to mice or shrews, although it does apply to the edible dormouse (glis glis) which is basically a small squirrel.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Once nice thing about an inside IR35 contract - when the large sum of money hits your personal bank account its all yours immediately.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I got the laptop set up - it's a new MacBook Pro, with the M1 Pro chip, and it's nice and fast

I had to fiddle around installing various bits of software, and getting it connected to a spare Bluetooth keyboard and mouse so it's easier to use when mounted on the Roost laptop stand. And I got it hooked up to my widescreen monitor, so I have room to breathe

Having got that sorted out, I needed to take an early lunch break as I had to head over to the pharmacy for the monthly prescription. This inconvenience arises because I haven't yet got around to switching surgeries and setting up a pharmacy near here. I popped into the surgery over there to check if they needed my new address for me to start the switch, but they said everything they need, they'll get from the place I switch to.

Then I headed down to Sainsbury's to get the shopping done. And so lunch was a couple of sweet chilli chicken thighs from the tepid food counter with a bag of crisps

Back to work, and I realised I need to rearrange the office/desk stuff a bit to make it comfortable to work on the new laptop. But as all I have to do at the moment is read stuff, I've returned to the living room with it where I can do so while relaxing in my recliner with a coffee

Comment

I got the laptop set up - it's a new MacBook Pro, with the M1 Pro chip, and it's nice and fast
              I'm sitting next to one of those. It's going back next month.

Anyway afternoon!

I've finished for the day but have to sit around for an hour to keep an eye on some "systems"
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I'm now using a 14" macbook pro M1 max to connect to clientco - it's lovely especially now I've got a one of these https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1301...of-walnut-wood for the keyboard and trackpad.

Just need to decide which 4k monitors to keep or sell on...

And sell the touch id numeric keyboard which is just too big.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

That's pretty!

I couldn't have my keyboard like that though as I'm forever moving it about the desk

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    That's pretty!

I couldn't have my keyboard like that though as I'm forever moving it about the desk
                    Same

And I may be old fashioned, but I still prefer a mouse to a trackpad - which is weird, as I'm fine with the built-in trackpad; it's just separate ones I'm not keen on

Comment

Finally getting around to watching the RI Christmas Lectures. Definitely one that's right up my street.

Comment

Working...
                      X