• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I do indeed have DMAX here, but it looks like they're showing a load of recently-repeated ones all over again
    It's worse than that Jim, it's in the self same order as when it was transmitted on Quest on a Saturday morning 3 or 4 weeks ago. .
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

And in the midst of all that I've also found time to finish reading There is No Antimemetics Division and Valuable Humans in Transit by qntm, which I've read before on his website and/or the SCP wiki, but which he's also published in on-demand hardback

I'd forgotten, or not realised, that qntm is also responsible for Absurdle, a Wordle variant in which the target word changes depending on your guesses while remaining consistent with the results for previous guesses, and Hatetris, a Tetris variant in which the next piece is always the worst piece for the current state of the game
      There is no Antimimetics Division is a wonderful work of horror. I've read the redacted bits.

Thanks for the tip on Absurdly. I'm already doing quordle and octordle daily....

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'd forgotten, or not realised, that qntm is also responsible for Absurdle, a Wordle variant in which the target word changes depending on your guesses while remaining consistent with the results for previous guesses, and Hatetris, a Tetris variant in which the next piece is always the worst piece for the current state of the game
        Pity there isn't a Sweardle, I'd be good at that.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Pity there isn't a Sweardle, I'd be good at that.
          Good news! https://sweardle.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

It's worse than that Jim, it's in the self same order as when it was transmitted on Quest on a Saturday morning 3 or 4 weeks ago. .
            So DMAX is just Quest on delay, like +1 but +573 or something

Comment

The zingy soup turned out very well; just had a bowl accompanied by a thick crust of wholemeal

I must remember to make the bed at some point

Comment

So DMAX is just Quest on delay, like +1 but +573 or something
                It's all Discovery crapola no matter what the channel is called.

In other other news, Wheeler Dealers returns to Quest at 18:00 on Tuesday, and the Saturday back to backs are back next Saturday.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 January 2023, 19:14.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

It's all Discovery crapola no matter what the channel is called.

In other other news, Wheeler Dealers returns to Quest at 18:00 on Tuesday, and the Saturday back to backs are back next Saturday.
                  Yes, I'd gathered that from the amount of cross-channel promotion they engage in. "Enjoy watching carburettors being tuned? Then you'll love this show about Bigfoot!"

The bed has been made, but gradually as I realised there's no need to do it all at once when I can just do a bit during a commercial break in a programme about the Battle of Britain, then go back and do the next bit in the next break

I've taken the precaution of joining the two parts of the duvet together to create the SuperDuvet. Possibly unnecessary as the weather forecast continues to be extremely mild for the time of year, but it saves the hassle of doing it when things take an unpredicted turn for the worse

Comment

Wow! Ta for that, never occured to me there might actually be one.

PS Damn! Couldn't do it. Thought I might be good at something.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 1 January 2023, 20:52.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Om.

While on the 5th of April 2019 I was looking forward to only working 3 more days in April, with May being the last month of work.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 January 2023, 21:07.

Comment

Working...
                      X